Thursday, May 19, 2011

my creative space - a star stitch pattern

Remember this? 




I had a few pattern queries, so I've been writing out a pattern for the Star Stitch Coin Purse. The purse I made for my swap partner in Malaysia was slightly different. It was bigger, for starters. But the coin purse is very quick to work up and you might have the urge to try out your own variations. I have included a couple with the pattern.



This one was made with Drops Paris 100% cotton (colours 13 and 14). It's not as sturdy as the larger purse (made with the Madame Tricote Lara 100% cotton). I used a 4.5 mm hook for closer stitches.


A link to the FREE Ravelry download (also available to non-Ravelry users) is right there in the side bar! If you have any problems with it just leave me a comment or email me and I'll see what I can do!


Now, I'll play around with something lighter ...




And since I haven't done it yet, lets have a proper giveaway! Something handmade in May? Yes! Do check back in a couple of days in sha Allah to join in. I might give away that coin purse with some other goodies!


For more creative spaces, click here!


   

15 comments:

deros May 19, 2011 at 2:21 PM  

yeah! that is what i wait more time!
i like your purse sooo much
can i try repeat?

deros May 19, 2011 at 2:24 PM  

link "here" dont work :(

deros May 19, 2011 at 3:17 PM  

thank you very much dear! can not wait to start it:)
good luck and take care
xxx

Aysh May 19, 2011 at 4:16 PM  

your choice of colours is what I really love. It is always a treat coming here!

Fruitful Fusion May 19, 2011 at 5:26 PM  

M, can't wait to see YOUR purse!

Thank you so much Aysh! It's good having you here.

Anonymous,  May 19, 2011 at 7:51 PM  

I agree with Aysh, your chosen colors are beautiful! so bright and happy!

I love the crochet stars you made! are they your patterns?

xx

Fruitful Fusion May 20, 2011 at 3:55 PM  

Thank you very much Izabela! I LOVE your work! Yes, those stars are my own pattern. Hopefully I can show you what they become soon!

Anonymous,  May 22, 2011 at 9:55 PM  

love the colors too, perfect choice! i am a turquoise fan and love this combination of turquoise and yellow!;) and thank you for the link!

sarah

Seaweed and Raine May 24, 2011 at 7:57 AM  

I love that original coin purse!!! So cool, and I the colours you used in the new models? Mmmm Yummy! Glad to have a new pattern to try! :)

Al Firdaus lifestile & interior May 31, 2011 at 1:04 AM  

salamualaikum sister,

I read your post on my blog, so I want to leave a little "hint" ;) sending you warm salams..

JanMun(a)

Cynthia,  June 17, 2011 at 7:43 PM  

For the star stitch coin purse...I would like to make that bigger, how would I go about doing that?

Fruitful Fusion July 6, 2011 at 8:22 PM  

Cynthia, all you need to do is increase the foundation chain, until your happy with the size (staying with a multiple of three) and work the pattern in the same way.

Anonymous,  March 9, 2014 at 11:08 PM  

hey I been tryin to make the larger blue and yellow purse but I keep having trouble with transitioning from the single crochet to star stitch and my star stitches never look
right
any way you could be a little more specific on how to make it ?

Keriann June 9, 2014 at 4:14 AM  

Any shot you could explain the pattern for the larger blue and yellow purse? I too am having trouble figuring out how to go from single crochet into the star stitch. Thank you!!!

Unknown June 12, 2016 at 12:28 PM  

Hello,

Strange but true, I have been surfing for the Star Stitch Clutch Bag and was amazed when I stumbled upon the yellow and blue purse - just right - sadly no pattern there. Appreciate it very much if you would kindly assist me in this regard.

Hoping to hear from you soon, Blessings

YVONNE DPENHA
everamdreamin@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP