Monday, June 15, 2009

baby blankets

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

The only baby blankets I'd made before this year were knitted and for my babies. Earlier this year (and around the same time) I had news of a baby in my family and one in Hubby's. So I decided to crochet two baby blankets. The first had to be made quickly as we were going over to Madinah (where baby boy was born) soon after.


It's a hexagonal ripple blanket that I added a bit of ribbon to.


The second, well, let's just say I took my time with it.


This one is for a baby girl and she's a bit of a jet-setter already. So I wasn't sure where to send it! It's finally done and finished and ready to be sent over wherever she might be!
This one is made of flower squares.



I used the flat braid joining method to put them together and I loved doing that. Makes a nice change from sewing the squares (I don't do that anymore!) or crocheting them together with single crochets (which I usually do). It give the blanket more of a lacey feel.


I wasn't sure about the border and eventually went with this scalloped edging.







2 comments:

Amatullaah June 22, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

As-Salaamu Alaykum your very inspiring maa sha Allah. I have been crocheting for like 4 or 5 yrs now and I still haven't completed a project. I keep second guessing myself. Alhamdulillah I stumbled acrossed your blog i feel like trying again :D

Fruitful Fusion June 24, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

Wa alaykum salaam,

You've given me an idea for a blog post! Until then ... do give it another go! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP