Wednesday, June 3, 2009

backpacking

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Yesterday, this ...

became this ...

and then this...
A mini backpack for dd9 to take on a school trip.

Then, this ...

became ...

and then ...


and finally...


Another mini backpack but this time for dd7!

I loved crocheting the hexagons. I used Lucy's pattern and really enjoyed it. I made the half hexes up myself to get the rectangular shape. Putting the bag together was a little fiddly but I couldn't stop stroking the hexagons and thinking, "What a lovely blanket these would make!" A fair bit of weaving in was needed with this one.


I HATE weaving in ends!
Both bags have drawstring handles so they have eyelet rows at the tops. And both girls are happy with their bags. Now the question is: Should the next big project be grannies or hexagons?

But first, I need to go and get some goodies together for a bake sale.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  June 8, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

They're both lovely - I especially like the hexagons though. Great idea!

Anonymous,  June 10, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

MachAllah I just love this sis! Love, Henia

Rainbow In The Grey Sky June 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

my hexagons came out all curly what did i do wrong? they are not flat like yours :( mashaAllah i love this piece :)

Fruitful Fusion June 13, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

Thanks so much ladies! And it's nice to see you here Rebecca and Henia! As always the same goes to you Rainbow, but why have your hexagons come out curly? Let's see ... what hook size and yarn are you using? Did you remember to do the round of chains (round 4)? I ask that because I kept forgetting!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP