Sunday, August 9, 2009

pre-vacation finds and ufos (unfunished objects!)

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

We're going to Algiers in a couple of days in sha Allah! And we'll be away for about six weeks. Yes, SIX WEEKS!!! Plenty of time to slot in a bit of hook-action? But guess what, Hexalicious Blanket isn't coming with us!


I will miss her but some time apart should do us good! And daughter no.2 is taking her Hex Backpack which will ensure we get some eye-candy of the hexagon variety.


In the meantime we might get on with some other, more easily transportable crochet delights (projects that are gather
ing dust in a bag somewhere!) and I really must finish this shawl.


Initially, I was unsure about the colour. But as the shawl grew the colour grew on me! The white flecks break the lime up a bit. It's a bit of a chumky one too. I can imagine it keep someone snug and warm on a cold, winter's evening.


While I've been p
acking for our trip, I've been clearing out, cleaning up and organising. During my efforts, I came across a few things under piles of other things or stuck behind other things at the backs of drawers and cupboards!

Here is one of those things:


Made by Me, aged 8 or 9! It's a bit tatty and discoloured. But it's given me craft ideas for the kids!

I also came across an old sketch book with quite a few unfinished projects.


I might have to take the sketch book along with me too!


3 comments:

Anonymous,  October 25, 2009 at 12:49 AM  

Assalamu'alaykum sister,

Masha'Allah your hexagon blanket is really coming along.

I hope you don't mind me asking about your shawl. Are you following the written instructions for this pattern(Seraphina shawl) or a crochet symbol chart?

The reason I'm asking is I'm interested to do this shawl also, because it's been masha'Allah done by so many, but want to make sure first if the written instructions are correct enough to follow. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Regards.

Umm Abdulrahman

Fruitful Fusion October 25, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Wa 'alaykum salam Umm Abdulrahman,

Unfortunately my shall is on hold for a while as I ran out of yarn, tried to get something to go with it in Algeria and ended up leaving it there. I think I will get some more yarn and start a new one as it's quite an easy pattern to follow. I was using the written instructions and it turned out to be a lot simpler than it first appeared. Give it a go and if you're not sure about something, give me a shout :)

Anonymous,  October 25, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

Assalamu'alaykum,

Barak Allahu feek & thank you for your reply. That is too bad about your shawl, sorry to hear that. I hope you'll be able to start another one soon. Jizak'Allah Khair for the encouragement, and advice about the pattern.

I also hope to start this one soon, thanks again, and have a pleasant day.

Umm Abdulrahman

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP