Wednesday, February 3, 2010

colour and stuff

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

I do love colourful crochet! But when I started this baby blanket of granny squares, I just wasn't sure about it.

 

I was aiming for a more subdued background, with brighter, patchy bursts.

  

It grew on me though.
 
  

And the best bit is that it's a "join-as-you-go" affair!

 

And moving swiftly onwards, we had some more colourful crochet going on in the form of this little girl's poncho.



I must add, I find it ever so difficult to do random. Random squares, random stripes. Agh! I come up with some sort of system (eg. don't have this colour next to that, one pale - one bright) and just hope it looks random!

Some other things I've been up to?

Messing around with new toys ...



And someone else's toy!  Yes, lovely SIL has loaned me this!


I've just discovered this brillant blog.  I love it!

And speaking of brilliant blogs, my Mum gave me this beautiful necklace ...

 

 ... and it reminds me of the crocheted jewellery here.




9 comments:

moments February 3, 2010 at 4:35 PM  

love it....the poncho is beautiful...so amazing to be just able to do that...from nothing....defently taking classes from you once we are in the same country inshallah....yes?

Fruitful Fusion February 3, 2010 at 4:44 PM  

I'm no pro (far from it)! But if I can help you in any way, that's a definite yes, in sha Allah! :)

Kate February 6, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

I LOVE that poncho. I am pretty terrible at doing random too but I find if I just try to be less precious and not to give it too much thought then it usually works out. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

inkberryblue February 8, 2010 at 5:57 PM  

I love the colour combination on the blanket. ...and I agree, Join As You Go is a great technique! =)

Jennifer February 9, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

Masha'allah you are very talented!

Rima February 11, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

oooh. What great colors!

Kate February 18, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog. I mainly make up the trims as I go but I do have an old copy of '46 Crochet Edgings' edited by Vicki Moodie that I started off with. I hope you are having a lovely day.

Anonymous,  February 25, 2010 at 3:30 AM  

The poncho is soooo sweet... I Love it :o) and the blanket too! glad you persevered.

NCSue November 28, 2012 at 2:30 AM  

I don't quite see how you joined the blocks on the afghan. Would you share your secret with me? Thanks - I MUST try this!

suzannenroth at gmail dot com

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP