Monday, May 17, 2010

mathematical crochet

Thank you all so much for your kind words after my last post.  The patient is recovering alhamdulillah and managed a little walk to the shops today.  Kidney stones can cause a lot of pain.  So, I'm glad that the bigger ones are out. 
That bit of crochet I was doing on the weekend (which is Thursday and Friday here folks!) was this:


They look a bit like granny squares gone wrong!  They are in fact hexagons and I must add, I'm fascinated by the geometry involved in this little project that I first saw here (where you will find a link to the pattern).  

The hexagons, when folded, become this


And with a little stitching together of pieces, some crocheting of a collar, cuffs and edging and a few buttons ...
TA DA!  A baby's cardi/jacket!

I am terribly sorry for that terrible photo!  It was taken in a mad rush with no natural light!

9 comments:

Baa-Me Kniits May 17, 2010 at 2:05 AM  

I too fell in love with that pattern an have started it in a lovely pink chenille sort of yarn for my neice, I have lots of other projects on the go but couldn't resist this one :-)

Sarah - Red Gingham May 17, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

That is fantastic!! How amazing that they go together to make such a sweet little jacket. You really are too clever.

Buy Design May 17, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

That's really clever, and looks great. I will have to take a look at the pattern.
Glad the patient is recovering.
Fiona x

Anonymous,  May 17, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

it is a good idea...how did you join the back side together?i wish to see,how it looks like??i think same as the front look

Artesanías en lanas e hilos May 17, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

Go through your blog and I loved it! I love the colors and your crochet is very nice! congratulations.
Greetings from Uruguay.
Xime

Buy Design May 18, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

Guess what I did this afternoon.. One wonky, granny-like hexagon. Looking good so far though I don't know any little people to give it to. Might have to do a bigger version for myself.
Fiona x

Fruitful Fusion May 18, 2010 at 11:13 PM  

Jenni, I know what you mean. I just had to slot this one in even though I have so many wips to sort out!

Eva, thank you and for the tag too!

Sarah, it's a lovely pattern but I can't take any credit for it :)

Fiona, so glad you gave it a go! I'd love to see a bigger version if you do decide to do that.

Expatbeads, so sorry I didn't take any proper photos before rushing to send it off to the baby in the UK. The back looks a lot like the second photo but with the pieces stitched together.

Artesanias, thank you! I love how global the blogosphere is! Uruguay?! Wow!

Charline and Co June 2, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

Ohoh, I love it! Love it, love it!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP