Tuesday, August 16, 2011

where's that mojo?

Thank you so much for your comments to my last post. It's not a life or death situation but it's nice to read encouraging words when you just don't know where that mojo is. I've heard people say they can't find theirs. Where do they look? Do you know? Have you ever lost your crafting mojo?


It's Ramadan. We're fasting and trying to tune more into spirituality. We're making and baking, the little people and I. It is heart-warming to see them working together to get things done. It doesn't happen often enough. The other half makes cool, refreshing drinks. He experiments on us! 




But back to my crafting, I have ideas in my head. I need to put them on paper. I think I might lose them. Forever. 

I have been inspired lately by all the lovely projects on flickr. And not only crochet. There are great inspirational shots and quotes like this. I think Julian Bialowas' work is amazing!


I've been working on an older project, but when the rounds and rounds of double crochets get a bit dull, little motifs are the way to go.  My photos are still horrible because I've used my phone. 


I crocheted the heart after I saw this, loved it and analysed it. 


♥



I don't know if mine is the same but I think it's close enough.




This is something unusual I really wanted to try. I saw it on flickr and asked about the pattern. Malatri kindly posted it soon after. It turned out to be SO simple. It just looks different. 


FUXICO CROCHE Diagrama



And Mollie Flowers are so cute and versatile. I want to make bucket loads of them!




I might just be alright with the mojo issue. I hope.


6 comments:

vala.... August 16, 2011 at 3:25 PM  

I thought of you when I saw this....http://dzdarmake.blogspot.com/2011/08/i-want-to-make-this-for-girls-room.html

Anisa umm imran August 16, 2011 at 3:47 PM  

oh masha`allah you seem to be back with your mojo ...lol..... well we`ve done done as ramdan is tring and i just cant get to it ..... but insha`allah once all the fasting and make up fasts are finished then it`s back to my projects

washi August 16, 2011 at 4:23 PM  

I have also lost my mojo :(

Unknown August 16, 2011 at 6:17 PM  

I have well and truly lost my mojo... though I did start planning...head planning that is.... winter woolies andyarny niceness for when it starts to get colder... I love the mollie flowers..I've seen something similar here..though not as raised...the women crochet hundreds of little flower motifs then sew them altogether to make bridal becovers and tablecloths etc...

Fruitful Fusion August 16, 2011 at 9:32 PM  

Vala, you know my girls have one in their room. But the ones you posted are nicer!
Umm Imran, I know, Ramadan can get tiring. I'm looking forward to seeing your projects.
Washi! No! Not you too! I'm sure you have loads keeping you busy now though.
Kate, I know when you get it back you'll make up for it. I want to make loads of those mollie flowers and stitch them together into purses or something like that. I can imagine something similar on linen in Algeria.

Aysh August 20, 2011 at 12:11 AM  

...and I thought I was the only one who was like this!lol! Ramadan KAreem and yes...I am taking it slow too...:)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP