Sunday, October 16, 2011

still not sure!

Thank you all so much for your input on that last post. I cheated really. I started this a while ago...




Yes, it's number one!




But there's something not quite right. It's just not doing it for me. Is it the colour even though I'm quite drawn to teal?




Is it that it's not blocked? Is it that I dread working on sleeves because I've adapted the measurements and it's going to be a nightmare to work this out? I find myself quite willing to start something else, like the third option with the rest of the lovely Debbie Bliss yarn and see if it works for me. What do you think?


While I decide, other goings on around here ...


Pomegranate love.


Some Tiramisu love too.


And another crocheted baby dress. This year seems to be a baby girl year!


This year seems to be a baby girl year ma sha Allah!


Great pick-me-up smoothies! This one is a banana-orange-date-almond-rocket concoction!

What's going on at your place?

9 comments:

umm amaar,  October 16, 2011 at 2:44 PM  

Assalaamu Alaykum. Maa shaa Allaah - very nice (I like them both). If you decide to start something else, what will you do with this project? Could you leave it sleeveless - like a waistcoat? Or be brave and complete the sleeves.

Fruitful Fusion October 16, 2011 at 8:55 PM  

Wa alaykum salaam Umm Amaar,
Jazakillahu khayran for stopping by and commenting (once again). :) If I start something else and really like it I'd probably COMPLETELY rip this one out *shock* *horror*. Yes, knowing me, that's probably what I'd do.

Baa-Me Kniits October 17, 2011 at 2:03 PM  

Its pretty and so is the baby dress :-)

un-arc-en-ciel dans le lavabo October 19, 2011 at 3:47 AM  

what a bunch of beautiful & delicious things ! all of them ! and i love the color of your cardigan. great job really.

Aysh October 19, 2011 at 10:51 AM  

This is exactly what happened with mine.... I started it... did it up to the shapping neck and sleeves and ... left it.

Finish it... it is just the sleeves and you are done. you can do it ...come on... you'll like it when it is done. :)

LaYinka Sanni October 30, 2011 at 1:34 PM  

Salaamu alaikum,

First comment on your blog. :) That is beautiful - I love teal! If you're not going to complete it, I think it would still look great as a waistcoat.

What actually pushed me to comment was your smoothie. You put rocket in it? Ya3ny, the leaves? How did that turn out? Only asking because I LOVE rocket and wouldn't have thought to put it into a drink. :)

Oum Abadi,  October 30, 2011 at 4:16 PM  

MashaAllah..very nice creation, i wish i could do this...

BTW, your tiramisu looks soooo good, do you think you can post the recipe...pleassse ;)))
Salam
Oum Abadi

Fruitful Fusion November 1, 2011 at 12:52 AM  

Thank you all so much for your kind comments.

Aysh, hmmmmmm, dunno! I think I've gone off it a bit.

LaYinka, ahlaaaan! Yes, I love rocket (jerjeer) in my smoothie. It just adds a lovely freshness to it and not a pepperiness.

Oum Abadi, both learning to crochet and the recipe for the Tiramisu are a result of googling. BUT, I did add my own mix of ingredients, based on what was available to me, for that creamy Italian dessert. I will try and post a recipe soon in sha Allah.

Homeschool Diary December 29, 2011 at 9:24 PM  

wow mashallah you crocheted that yourself? That is really inspirational. I myself am at a cross roads whether to take up knitting or crocheting...am loving your blog.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP