Saturday, January 28, 2012

fennel and orange

a simple salad



a simple dressing




a simple meal




just  jazzed up a bit!


mixed together:
a bunch of rocket 
2 oranges, peeled and sliced
a fennel bulb, thinly sliced
some white/feta cheese, cubed (I like the low salt variety)


dressed with:
equal parts apple cider vinegar and olive oil
a tiny bit of mustard
a tiny bit of honey
salt and pepper


topped with:
a few chopped walnuts


served with:
garantita (almost like savoury cake, made with chickpea flour) 
spicy, baked chips/fries


sweet, salty, juicy, soft, crispy and crunchy!

3 comments:

moonstruckcreations January 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM  

looks very refreshing and tasty! Its quite chilly here at the moment though so we warmed up with a tasty maqlouba!!

Helenxx

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures January 28, 2012 at 7:17 PM  

All I can say is yum, yum, yum! I think I might have to try this salad this week for dinner. I have enjoyed pajama days since Thursday and done lots of cooking and some baking. Just had mushroom risotto, no recipe required and not as hard as they make it seem on tv. :) Best wishes to you, Tammy

Yarny Days January 30, 2012 at 6:00 PM  

Oh delicious. I love salad. I need to get some fennel!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP