Sunday, April 8, 2012

crafty goings on



If you're a crafter, why not take part in this wonderful initiative ... a craft auction! A five year old boy is in desperate need of eye surgery, without which he may lose his sight! Read the details of this urgent appeal here and what you might be able to do to help! Let's craft for a good cause!


If you're a knitter or crocheter, you might like to take part in this great little blogging challenge.

You are set a topic for each day and use that as a guide for your blog post. 


I've never taken part in either of these kinds of things before so I'm really looking forward to them! Why don't you join in!


In the meantime, have I been crafting? Of course I have. I can't share much though as I've taken part in a couple of swaps!


I've played around with that burlap a bit 


and that thing they call instagram too!

 an amazing discovery ... tamees made with brown flour!



What have YOU been up to?


ETA: I don't have an iphone. I've just started using instagram on an android. But hey, if you don't have/can't have/don't want to have a smart phone and still get that instagram-y effect, have you checked out picasa lately? Picasa is free to download. If Blogger is your platform, your images are automatically saved in Picasa. It's a great little photo editing tool and it now has so many new features. You CAN get those colours and effects!

10 comments:

Salihah April 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM  

Assalaam alaykum! I was happy to find your blogs today, masha'Allah. Great idea for the charity project. Are you on Ravelry? I'll share your blog with some other crochet sisters I know.

I love Instagram, too!

mib April 8, 2012 at 7:02 PM  

AS SALAAM ALAIKUM,
thanks for giving out such important info. do you have any ideas to help the boy?

Imaan April 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM  

as salaamu `alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Oh the craft auction sounds wonderful... may Allah give the boy strength and healing ameen.

I LOVE Instagram too and would get an iPhone just for that if I could :P

Love your pictures and creations... so lovely ma shaa Allah.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures April 8, 2012 at 7:46 PM  

I love the color in the instagram photos. I don't have an iPhone. Just my same old Nokia since I don't really use it for much. I'm not really a techie person.

Love what you've done with the burlap. Looks like you had a nice getaway recently. We were back to school today and it is already heating up out there. Have such a headache.

Wishing you a great week. Tammy

Fruitful Fusion April 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM  

Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Salihah, I am indeed on Ravelry. I'm FruitfulFusion :D

Mib, ideas other than the auction. Yes, I've been thinking about it all day. Shall we do something? A bake sale? Get kids involved? And I'll finally get to meet you!

Imaan, kind words as always. Go on! Play around with Picasa!

Tammy, it's starting to heat up here these days too! Oh the burlap wasn't as plain-sailing as I'd hoped it would be!

mib April 9, 2012 at 4:22 PM  

you are most welcome anytime. i mailed you my number. INSHAALLAH, looking forward to it.

Omee April 9, 2012 at 8:39 PM  

JazakAllah Khair for sharing!

Anne Butera April 11, 2012 at 9:22 PM  

Love the crocheted edge on the burlap! And the blog challenge and auction, great ideas, both.

I'm a little too attached to instagram and have been trying to use my real camera instead of my phone a bit more. It's so much fun, though.

Your photographs in the last post are really great. So interesting to see the sights there. Thanks for bringing us along!

moonstruckcreations April 14, 2012 at 3:07 PM  

Great ideas and photos!

I have just got back from another visit to Jordan, very cold at the start and extremely hot at the end!!

Missing my lovely breakfasts of falafel, hummus, khubz and cheese already....

Helenxx

Fruitful Fusion April 17, 2012 at 12:48 PM  

Omee, love your etsy shop!

Anne, thank you. I hope you don't have to wait too long for something in the post!

Helen, thank you. I'm sure you had a lovely time!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP