Friday, July 27, 2012

right here in Ramadan




Oh yes, I'm still around! I got busy with stuff ... as you do. And then there were weddings and the 'flu knocked me out (strange time of year for 'flu I know) and when I thought I was regaining energy, a stomach bug came along! Alhamdulillah I feel completely recovered now and we're actually one week in to Ramadan (the month of fasting).




Ramadan is a pretty amazing time for me. But this time, I know that this will probably be my last Ramadan in Saudi Arabia! We're getting ready to move to another continent, another lifestyle. We're getting ready for another chapter of our lives, another adventure. But before we do that I want to savour my time here in Jeddah and it's surroundings. I will try and share some of my thoughts here in sha Allah.



For the time being, I've had a week's break from eating clean, but now I'm back on it. Yes, that's what I'm doing these days too! I love that while I'm fasting, I feel that my other senses are so much stronger when I'm not concerned with taste! The smell of tropical fruits and the warm aroma of natural coconut oil, the sticky elasticity of brioche dough through my fingers and the bleeding dark red of sweet cherries in my cheesecake! Ma sha Allah.


I love that Ramadan started with my brother and his family sharing experiences of their trip to Kashmir along with some of the flavours of one of my ancestral lands. Yes, they served up some refreshing Kashmiri Qahwa, an exotic light, sweet, hot drink of apricots, raisins, nuts, saffron and more! He also cooked up Kashmiri chicken and almond curry!

I'm also loving that in my household, both father ...


... and daughter ...


... leave traces of their "food styling" on my phone!

And today must be filled with a bit more of this ...


... and some more hooking up too ...


 ... before we get together with family!

I'll leave you with this lovely blog where Neelu is journaling her Ramadan experience with daily prompts. It's a nice idea. 


6 comments:

Anonymous,  July 28, 2012 at 12:10 AM  

AlhamduliLLAH you feel better now and Ramadan kareem to you and your family. Loved your impressions today. Thank you.

enim sou.

Al Firdaus lifestile & interior July 28, 2012 at 12:48 AM  

Blessed Ramadan to you, alhamdulillah you´re feeling better..an it surely is always a purification alhamulillah.
lovely post and pics tabarakalla..I´m so curious to read more about your plans concernign the future..may everything be good and easy inschaAllah!
Salamualaikum

deros July 28, 2012 at 1:36 AM  

Thanks God you feel better. Not agree with you about "strange time of year for 'flu" :) Hot, we drink cold or condition or fan and voilà - welcome flu;)
Like your post, feel calm in every word. And news about your plan to change location... good luck, dear! I will try to come to meet you on this new plase, inshaAllah
Best regards

moonstruckcreations July 28, 2012 at 3:50 AM  

Ramadan Kareem!!

Insha'Allah you are now back to full health and will be able to make the most of the rewards of this blessed month.

Helenxx

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures July 28, 2012 at 11:02 AM  

Sorry to hear you've been ill off and on. Ramadan Kareem to you and yours. My husband and the boys fast but I don't. However, I do cut back so that when iftar comes, I can eat with the kids. My husband goes to the mosque every evening where he and his friends feed nearly 100 people who to come to bring their fast -- then he sits with his friends for fatour. Kashmir looks beautiful. So you are in the process of moving -- where are you headed? Wishing you all the best. Take care! Tammy

frau kreativberg July 28, 2012 at 8:29 PM  

Have a good ramadan! and i hope you get (and stay) well for all the new things to come!
love. maria

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP