Monday, April 22, 2013

4KCBWDAY1 - The House Cup

The fourth annual knitting and crochet blog week kicked off today! I wasn't sure if I'd make it or not with so much going on in my life at the moment. But this might be a good excuse for me to blog. So, let's give it a go!

This year, we've been asked to pick a house that we belong to, or relate to most. For me, it has to be the House of Bee! 
Bees are busy and industrious, but can flit from one interesting project to the next as bright and shiny things capture their interest.

At times, I don't feel like being too busy and industrious and I've been going through a spell of of that lately. But generally, when it comes to my yarn crafts, and even graphic design work, I tend to flit from one project to the next. It's not always the best thing to do. I have a stash of yarn, but I also have a stash pf wips! 

A blanket that's been "commissioned" by my 5 year old! 

Another blanket I've been trying to get started for a while!

Some knitting which might be frogged soon!


 Some knitting that's waiting for buttons and end-weaving (which I HATE!)

Some purses that are also waiting for buttons and possibly linings!

I think my latest gadget might be a big help with the lining and mending and alterations and all the other things my kids are begging me to do for them!


Peacocks take something good and make it brilliant. Buttons, embellishments and a bit of sparkle prove that perfection lies in the details – like a Peacock's Tail.

A peacock on the other hand, is what I'd like to be like. I have crazy ideas whizz through my mind at times but I wish I had the time and patience to see the projects I imagine, through. Maybe in sha Allah, I will aim to do a bit more of that. For example, the crochet embellished stationery is something I love to make as it incorporates my love of crochet and graphic design in to one project!



Are you joining in this year? Which house do you fall in to?




7 comments:

Anonymous,  April 22, 2013 at 5:17 PM  

you ARE a busy bee!! mash'Allah...I love all your wips but my fave has to be the pink red flower blanket...mash'Allah

Vivianne April 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM  

I really love the beginning blankey in the shades of red/pink, that's going to look amazing when it's done :)

Renee Anne April 23, 2013 at 3:41 AM  

I wish I was a bit more relaxed like the manatee but I'm a busy little bee, too.....

Vera April 23, 2013 at 4:34 AM  

You really are busy as a bee!

Unknown April 23, 2013 at 7:28 AM  

I thought about the House of Bee, but I am for sure a Monkey this year :-)

Britney April 23, 2013 at 3:15 PM  

beautiful pieces in progress!
wouldn't we all love to be a peacock? there's something about embellishment and finishing techniques that i just...lack.

Aysh April 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM  

I am from the House of MOnkey!! You sure sure are a busy bee and a peacock embellishment... !

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP