Tuesday, April 22, 2014

still here ... but in algeria!

I've been away from this space for a while for various reasons. Life has kept me busy. We picked up and carted ourselves over to North Africa. I was hormonal. I was a stranger in a strange land (or so I thought). I watched my children take it all in and adapt to school here, language and new friends and family too. I was blessed with another little bundle of joy (ma sha Allah) and my parents came over to Algeria for the very first time. It's a very different place. But I think (and hope!) they left knowing that I'm ok here. My mojo had taken a flying leap somewhere and I think it's starting to make an appearance again! Alhamdulillah. I haven't completely found my feet here ... but every little step helps ... and it can be that "strange" if ...

I'm still crocheting for my baby ...

I'm still admiring intricate Algerian sweets (but now I get to help make them before a family wedding)


I'm still having fun with instagram @fruitfulfusion :)

while I discover more of the city I'm in

I'm still noticing different architectural styles ...


I'm still enjoying flowers


I'm still baking

I'm still by the sea 

but I'm not far from lakes


and mountains that have the last bits of snow on them

and I'm enjoying fresh, local produce

and I've found wonderful friends Allahumma baarik 

and I've been busy with something new and exciting!!! 



So STAY TUNED!!!

But in the meantime, do head over and check out THE CREATIVES! "Like" us! Go on, you know want to! And don't forget to follow @almubdiaatdz on instagram! We NEED you to cheer us on! 













3 comments:

moonstruckcreations April 22, 2014 at 8:50 PM  

Lovely to see you back here in blogland mashAllah, and loved seeing the photos of Algeria, it looks a beautiful place.

And those sweets look absolutely scrummy!

Helenxx

deros April 22, 2014 at 11:26 PM  

Post make me feel you...

Seaweed and Raine April 23, 2014 at 1:01 AM  

Well, I would say that a precious little gift like that is a good reason for being away from this space! :) Congratulations. And you have been busy with a whole lot more too it seems. Those sweets look interesting, and Algeria looks to be quite pretty. All the best with The Creatives, I hope you do well.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP