Friday, April 27, 2018

before I left Algiers ... I started dyeing yarn ...


... and I seriously don't know what had taken me so long! I fell in love instantly! Since then, I've been experimenting, I dyed yarn in my parents' kitchen and sent out my first order to the States and then opened up an etsy shop! Yes ... the deed is done! Fruitful Fusion Dyes is open! Anyone that follows me on instagram will probably be aware of my dye pot adventures. 


Although the shop has been open, it had to take a back-burner until this month, with moving my whole family over and getting everyone settled into school and what have you. But Alhamdulillah things are falling slowly into place. So let me share some of my colourful creations with you! 

Alger La Blanche 
As I was leaving Algiers, I felt even more compelled to create a little tribute to my home city for the last 4 years and dyed up Alger La Blanche (Algiers The White). 


Lavender Lemonade
I also dyed up Lavender Lemonade and went on to use it in a faded Pavement sweater.

Yarns used: Ultimate Booger by Casual Fashion Queen, Commander by Dusty Dimples, Moonstone by Black Elephant, Lavender Lemonade by Fruitful Fusion Dyes :) and Bohemia by CFQ
Other colourways:

Experimenting with different colours and techniques
A Spring inspired colourway
Blossom

Cherry Garcia
Indian Summer
There are others in the etsy shop but for now, I'm thinking of using these in a Fading Point Shawl!
No, they're not my usual colours for accessories or garments but I'm enjoying exploring new colour combinations.

I have all of these in the shop to make up a Fading Point kit just let me know if you're interested
The Fading Point Shawl by Joji Locatelli

And with all my macbook woes, I called on the talented Farhana of Sketched Soul and she came to the rescue with this ...


Do check out the shop and let me know what you think. It's still a little baby of a shop but I have ideas brewing in my mind for new colourways, some sets and even collaborations! I love the creative community! And can I just say, I've really missed this space <3 nbsp="" p="">




8 comments:

Jodiebodie June 11, 2018 at 3:51 PM  

Congratulations on your new enterprise. I love the bright colours. Thank you for showing your yarn worked up in your garment. It is always useful to have a swatch or example to know what to expect, the see the length of the colour runs etc. so one can choose the best yarn for the job. I've been away from the blogosphere for a little while and am trying to catch up on everyone's news so please excuse me if I am a little late to the party! Wishing you all the best with everything.

Phan Thương May 10, 2021 at 1:24 AM  

With today's modern society, the demanding needs of people are increasing. Not only beauty, eating and playing, but choosing a child's bedroom also requires a lot of factors. Because the bedroom is a place to rest, relax, study and sometimes also play a place for your baby. More: Phòng ngủ trẻ em, Giường tầng bé traiNội thất trẻ em

Phan Thương July 14, 2021 at 5:09 AM  

Hung was formerly an official distributor of industrial lubricants of Shell in the North. Currently, in addition to oil trading, we also trade in transportation and equipment trading. After nearly 12 years of establishment and development, Yen Hung is now a prestigious partner of nearly 10,000 large and small domestic and international factories. Main products:
giá dầu truyền nhiệt
dầu bánh răng
dầu tuần hoàn
dầu dẫn nhiệt
dầu thủy lực shell
mỡ bò bôi trơn chịu nhiệt

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP