Monday, March 9, 2009

flowers and muesli on yellow days


The last couple of days have been yellow! Sandstorm! Of course I'm delaying the clean-up operation until I'm a bit more certain of the weather conditions. Today's brought along quite a warm gust of wind compared with the cooler breeze of other days. I can only imagine what a sirrocco is like!

So, away from the yellowness of swirling sand, we've been enjoying other colours.

And a little bit of making and bakingDo you get enough nuts, grains and seeds in your diet? I don't think most of us do. But I'm definitely a Muesli fan! That's another thing that's hard to come by here. I've been meaning to make my own but thought it would be too difficult. I don't know why. Then I saw Farhana's Granola post and it reminded me that I had stocked up on pumpkin and sunflower seeds to make my Muesli. I'm so glad I finally made it!

Here's how:
I put about 2 handfuls of porridge oats, about handful each of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, roughly chopped almonds, coconut flakes and raisins and a little less of sesame seeds. Really it just depends on what you like. I added about 1 tablespoon of oil and half a cup of apple juice and toasted it all in the oven. I did keep checking and stirring it all. And when I was happy with it, I just left it to cool. It's a really good snack too. You can always add honey or brown sugar to it if you like.
The photo doesn't do it justice, but it looks so much better than most of the Muesli from the shops and it smells wonderful too! Ma sha Allah.

It was really good with yogurt and a light drizzle of honey.

The next day, I used some of the seeds to make these wholemeal pretzels.

I wonder if it will be a yellow day tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP