Monday, May 25, 2009

crochet-a-long 2009

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم


I've made a few attempts so far at crocheting large items like throws and blankets but I get bored easily. So I saw this crochet-a-long (CAL) on Ravelry, I thought it would be a great way for me to:

  1. Try out different square patterns
  2. Use up a lot of the yarn Hubby had picked up at a car boot sale on our summer holidays (some serious stash-busting)!
  3. AND end up with a lovely blanket in the end

In addition to the above, I've also looked in to and learnt about different joining methods and different stitches and techniques too. There are usually two 12" squares and one 6" square picked out for everyone to crochet each month. It's up to you which ones you do (if any). The great thing is you get to pick other people's brains if something's not working for you or if you're just not sure what a pattern means. I'm not up-to-date on my squares but I will post what I've done in no particular order. My thoughts are that most of my squares will be bright and I'll join them all up with black. I'm not sure if I'll end up with one big and one small blanket or just one BIG blanket! I'll decide once they're all done in sha Allah.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  November 9, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

Assalamu'alaykum,

I'm very much like yourself when embarking on large crochet projects(for me that would be over two weeks!), so when I start feeling bored or the need to change on those big projects, I will do maybe anywhere between 1-3 day project, and Alhamdulillah that satisfies me and feel motivated again to go back to the big one again.

take care,

Umm Abdulrahman

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP