Monday, May 25, 2009

doilies are "in"?

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Since learning to crochet, I seem to notice it everywhere. Things I wouldn't have noticed otherwise are brought to the forefront of my attention. I even stop and feel garments and examine patterns and stitches. I've had to stop myself from reaching out and having a touchy-feely of strangers' scarves. I'm seeing crochet EVERYWHERE.

I noticed this throw at a house-sale. I dyed it with tea and now use it as a table cloth.

crochtablecloth

It's popping up everywhere I tell you, even in the back of my wardrobe!

crochtop

I recently noticed that the chocolate shop Patchi (here in Jeddah) has this big doily pattern in its shop window. It's very similar to something I saw on Apartment Therapy a while ago.

mag

Then, I got really excited when I noticed this over at Bahraini Diva's blog.

doily rug

The rug caught my eye, but even the stools look crocheted!

5 comments:

MaryAnn May 27, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

As Salaam Alaikum, that tablecloth is gorgeous, MashaAllah. I am wanting to make something like that but as a bedspread to give to my daughters as a wedding present when they get married, InshaAllah. I also love that window treatment.

I love, love, love to crochet! I have a huge stash of yarn just waiting for that perfect project. Right now my passion is making those round ripple baby afghans.

BTW, I love reading your blogs!

MaryAnn

iMaha May 30, 2009 at 4:17 AM  

hello there ;-) Thank you for mentioning me on your fab blog, you are so kind to do so. Love what you are doing here, keep crocheting babe ;-)

iMaha May 31, 2009 at 4:02 AM  

This post is for you :-)

http://bahrainidiva.blogspot.com/2009/05/for-love-of-crochet.html

Fruitful Fusion May 31, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

I'm gobsmacked BD!!! Thank you!

Anonymous,  October 25, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

Assalamu'alaykum sister,

Masha'Allah love that crochet decor! I know what you mean about 'noticing things' since you've learned crochet. I'm the same way, although never noticed as much before learning.

I notice more graphic details as well, more than I use to, color combos etc...Just can't help myself.

Love that tablecloth masha'Allah.

Kind regards,

Umm Abdulrahman

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP