Saturday, November 7, 2009

book browsing

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

I want to share a few of my favourite Interior Design books with you. Over the last few years we've been able to pick each one up for a reasonable price at our local Jarir Bookstore. Jarir is the Saudi equivalent to Borders, I suppose. And they have the coffee outlets too!


Yesterday, as I was browsing, I remembered how much I love these books!


Bathrooms is a little book (in the Miniarch series) full of inspiration: From minimalistic styles ...

... to those with a more traditional, country feel ...


... if you need bathroom ideas, it's got them. Follow the link and you can take a look inside. Speaking of bathrooms, I'm really looking forward to seeing the new bathroom at Attic24.

I actually have a couple of the Idea Books but this ...


... is from the Trim Idea Book. The book focuses on all sorts of trim: on walls, ceilings, stairs, you name it. But it's also packed with photos that have great ideas for other projects.

The Windows and Skylights book is especi
ally good for those designing and building their own homes.

My absolute favourite though has got to be ...


... Designs for a Healthy Home: An Eco-Friendly Approach.
It's brilliant and brimming not only with design ideas but also tips on how to live a healthier lifestyle in tune with our natural surroundings.

I love it! It discusses all sorts of eco-friendly design ideas but it also details ALL the other aspects of creating a healthy home, like eating fruits and vegetables that are in season, how to best cope with outdoor temperatures changes and the most efficient materials for our kitchen utensils!
I really want to go and have a look through it RIGHT NOW!

But before I go, although I love looking through books that I can hold, I love visiting sites and blogs too.


Lately I've been enjoying
Dar dz.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP