Tuesday, November 24, 2009

garlanding

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم


Recently, I was visiting one of my favour
ite blogs and saw this post. I followed a link, saw this

and thought, "I want to make those!" So I did.


I thought they'd be nice for the girls' room for 'Eid!





 
I made some squares and circles in more "boyish" colours.


Of course, the boys' room needs one too!


I just love blog-hopping and poring over lovely creations of others. Emma Lamb has these hanging beauties

and Sa
rah London has the Granny Star Garland.


And way back last year, Lucy was doing this flowery bunting!

7 comments:

Anonymous,  November 27, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

Assalamu'alaykum,

Masha'Allah beautiful garlands! I'm sure your children must have loved them.

Sarah London and Lucy are two of my favorites in crochet land masha'Allah. Although I think that it might be safe to say, Lucy, Attic24 is probably the most popular worldwide masha'Allah. She really does deserve it though!

Jizak'Allahu Khairan for sharing and hope you and your family are enjoying Eid festivities.

Kindest regards,

Umm Abdulrahman

Fruitful Fusion December 1, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

Assalaamu Alaykum Umm Abdulrahman,

I hope you and your family had a lovely 'Eid. I'm glad you liked the garlands. They were simple but the kids were pleased ma sha Allah. Once again, your comments are much appreciated!

Rainbow In The Grey Sky December 2, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

mashaAllah these are great and i want some too , what pattern did you use for the square ? A regular granny Square is it?

Rainbow In The Grey Sky December 4, 2009 at 3:11 PM  

i have some ideas for my newly created living room space, baraklafikee for sharing this ukti! Hoping all is well for you and others in Jeddah ameen!

S K December 8, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

MashaAllah, they are beautiful! I used to know how to knit once upon a time but nothing too fancy. How much time did it take for you to make those wall hangings?

Fruitful Fusion December 9, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

Nasreen, not long! You can get it done in one sitting. Or do a few stars at a time. Very simple and quick!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP