Sunday, November 8, 2009

yummy yarn

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Once upon a time, I ordered some yarn.


Some Rowan CashCotton. The colours I chose somehow had something to do with my baby's trainers and I blogged about
it here. Yes, I even made a square with it. But then I put it all away for the "right" project. I would occasionally stop and have a feel of it as I pulled out other yarns or as I tidied my stash. Then one day, I said to myself, "I must put this yarn to good use NOW!" I started granny-ing away.


And as I did, the softness of the yarn and the combination of soft blue and aqua with vi
brant geranium screamed out to me: "BABY"! Yes! This project must be something for a baby. A soft, cozy blanket.


As the blanket grew, I realised that it wouldn't grow too much as I just didn't have enough yarn. I could order some more and sit tight and wait. Who wants to do that though? So I decided to incorporate some whi
te yarn in to it. It just didn't look right. After frogging and trying again, I decided that I would just finish it off and hope for the best.


I do believe that the new-born recipient I have in mind for this blanket will be on the small side like his/her siblings!

So I'm hoping the blanket will be just right for the early days.

So, after a light block and
a spritz of lovely linen spray (Egyptian Cotton!) I'm putting this one away for the little one to be snuggled up in in sha Allah!

Of course, I made some flowers with the left over scraps!

And now I have these to play with!

14 comments:

Anonymous,  November 9, 2009 at 2:15 AM  

Assalamu'alaykum,

Masha'Allah tabarak'Allah congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm sure the blanket will be just fine for your new arrival Insha'Allah.

Kind regards,

Umm Abdulrahman

Fruitful Fusion November 9, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

Wa alaykum salaam,

No no no! It's not for my baby as I'm not pregnant! It's a baby in the family that I'm waiting for :)

Anonymous,  November 9, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

Assalamu'alaykum,

Oooops! So sorry, I didn't realize. When you were saying you'd believed the baby would be on the small side just like his/her siblings, I just thought you were referring to your other children when they were babies.

I feel so embarrassed, excuse me. The yarn though looks really nice, and like the colors too.

Regards,

Umm Abdulrahman

Fruitful Fusion November 9, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

Assalaamu Alaykum,

No! Don't be embarrassed! I should have worded things better in the post. :) I was actually referring to me little nieces and nephew.

Thanks for all of your comments. I really appreciate the feedback sis!

Rainbow In The Grey Sky November 9, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

looool Aslamu alakum
i just came here and read the post and then saw the comments and thought did i miss something here?

I have been awaiting you egarly to return to crafting as i have missed your work mashaAllah. I like the look of this yarn .was it pricy?

Iam stuck on Hexagons, just realised last night i have been doing a double instead of a Treble but i have made to many to change it now otherwise they will be different sizes. I like the flowers!

Anonymous,  November 9, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

Assalamu'alaykum,

Jizak'Allah Khair sister. You are VERY welcome, I also really enjoy reading your blog(s) masha'Allah.

Kindest regards,

Umm Abdulrahman

Simone November 12, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

Thank you for commenting on my blog. How wonderful that you created a beautiful baby blanket by being inspired by the colours in your baby's trainers!

Unknown November 13, 2009 at 2:17 AM  

Wow. Love your leftover yarn. I just put up a post of a tutorial stash buster ripple. I'm a attic24 buddie, so it's along those lines. Can I follow here?

www.thegardenbell.blogspot.om

have a visit to my garden..

Fruitful Fusion November 13, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

Thank YOU Simone. I love your other blog (Mutant Trees) too!

The Garden Bell, I've been following your blog for the last few weeks (on google reader) and I love the Circus Parade. Looking forward to trying it out!

Fruitful Fusion November 13, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

Oh Kate, of course you can follow here :)

Maven November 13, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

Hiya! I stumbled on in here from the CLF group on Ravelry!

Love your creativity! Keep up with the blogging:)

I've given you a "thumbs up" on StumbleUpon.com, so others looking for crochet and inspiration can find, read and enjoy your blog.

"Peace and Fleece,"
Maven

Fruitful Fusion November 14, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

Thank you very much Maven! I love your work!

Rima November 16, 2009 at 1:15 AM  

Great great colors! so very vibrant.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP