Saturday, January 9, 2010

i heart japanese ...

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

... patterns!  I can't read or understand a word of Japanese, but I love the crochet patterns.  There's that special something in those Japanese creations.  

This tea mat and coaster set was made from a Japanese pattern.



 A while ago Tif's post about this book got me well in to them again. 

I haven't bought the book (yet) but I did try out another Japanese pattern:


 
 

There is this little cutey-pie baby (ma sha Allah) that lives across from us.  She's feeling a little poorly these days.  It seems to be in the Jeddah air.  I thought I'd make her something.  I know she won't be bothered about it being a Japanese pattern or not but I hope she likes havng this on her head! Most babies don't like having anything on their heads. But nevermind.    

6 comments:

washi January 10, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

Assalamu Alaikum sis, these are lovely and beautifully done masha'Allah. I love Japanese crafts!

inkberryblue January 11, 2010 at 4:04 AM  

I heart Japanese patterns too! I love their delicacy. The coasters are pretty and the little hat is just gorgeous!

Anonymous,  January 11, 2010 at 4:32 AM  

Assalamu'alaykum,

I think these are the tea mats that I've commented on before and liked them very much masha'Allah.

I also like Japanese crochet, although have not tried a pattern YET. Masha'Allah I find their designs very unique, distinguished, like no others I've seen.

One day I hope to learn the crochet symbols completely because the symbols are universal and I'm sure there are so many beautiful patterns from different countries to experiment with.

Kind regards,

Umm Abdulrahman

p.s. I like the new looks on your blogs masha'Allah.

Anonymous,  January 11, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

Assalamu'alaykum,

I realized after posting this, that I didn't comment on your baby hat. I like it alot masha'Allah. It looks so cozy, comfy that yarn is awesome. Just looking at it I can see the texture and softness masha'Allah.

Kind regards,

Umm Abdulrahman

Fruitful Fusion January 12, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

Washi, I had a feeling you'd share in the love of Japanese!

Thank you Inkberryblue!

Umm Abdulrahman, I'm waiting for a blog, a flickr account, something to see your work! :) I used to avoid crochet symbols. But they're not difficult to follow really. Perhaps I can do a post about them. As always, I appreciate your comments!

Anonymous,  January 16, 2010 at 10:26 PM  

I agree, Japanese patterns are Adorable. Don't understand them either, but my daughter is learning it :o) which might be very helpful in the future.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP