Monday, February 22, 2010

colour ... after a grey patch

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

I am so touched by the gesture of a lovely blogging sister!  She has featured my crochet work on one of her beautiful blogs


Speaking of crochet, I have some to share with you.  I was away from blogging for a while as my grandmother passed away two weeks ago. 

Soon after, I continued an old, monochrome crochet project.  But I feel that crocheting too much of one colour pulls me to more colourful crochet.  Firstly though, I managed to finish off another old project.  Do you remember all those squares I used to blog (a bit too much) about?  Yes, there were those greeny bluey ones that became a blanket/throw.  


There were a load more of the crazy, whacky colours though, and they became this:

  
One crazy coloured blanket or throw!

I also had yet another girly crochet request: something to cover this scruffy-topped,  bedside table


There was a pattern I'd been wanting to try out for AGES.  Others have done it too.  So I thought I'd use it for this.


Now it sits happily in the newly painted, girly-pink, girls' bedroom!

And because I can't JUST be working on old projects like this


here's something new.  



Colours that I've been wanting to put together for a while and a Sarah London pattern I've been after for a longer while.

5 comments:

Kate February 23, 2010 at 11:47 AM  

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother.
All your projects are gorgeous!
I LOVE that colourful blanket the randomness really appeals to me. And that bedside table it wonderful. So inspiring! XX

Kellie February 23, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

Oh my goodness. I just found your blog via Fox's Lane and I have to tell you that I LOVE all of your crochet projects - especially on this post. So inspiring. I will be back for more inspiration!

Fruitful Fusion February 24, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

Thanks so much Kate and Kellie. I feel inspired by both of you!!! One of the wonders of the Blogosphere! :)

Anonymous,  February 25, 2010 at 3:26 AM  

So sorry to hear about your grandmother my dear. I lost my lovely nan recently too, You have my full sympathy.
All the work is this post is absolutely delicious! such a pleasure to see.
Hugs
xxx

Sumea

Fruitful Fusion March 1, 2010 at 8:44 AM  

Thank you Sumea. It's SO good to see you back on the blogosphere. I hope you are well!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP