Thursday, February 25, 2010

my creative space

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

I do love to crochet! 


But, I've been finishing off something else this morning.  It's for my Mum.
 

If you'd like to share your creative space this Thursday, join in here!

A couple of days ago, I showed you a couple of potholders and Kate asked if I'm planning on using them or hanging them on a wall.


They're hanging in my kitchen BUT I don't know if I can bring myself to use them.  So there's a question for you:

What would you do?  Would you hang them on a wall? 
Would you put them to use?  Perhaps you wouldn't make them at all! 

Do let me know!

I'm having flickr trouble too!  I can't get into my old account and have had to open a new one.  So, now I have quite a few bits to change!

5 comments:

Kirsty February 25, 2010 at 8:59 AM  

I LOVE that top pot holder. Just lovely. I would use them. I'm not much "for good only".

Liesl February 25, 2010 at 11:59 AM  

Your water colour is really beautiful. I love the crochet too ... I would be hanging those potholders on the wall!

vala.... February 25, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

wow...mashallah that painting is beautiful...

Kate February 25, 2010 at 1:40 PM  

That top photo is magic!
I have crocheted many, many pot holders. I love to make them as they are quick to make and finish projects and great for learning new stitches but I have mine hanging on my kitchen wall and I use tea towels for taking things from the oven. XX

Anonymous,  March 1, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

Assalamu'alaykum sister,

Masha'Allah I like the colors! Also your mom will really like that card I think.

As for your potholders, I find from personal experience that crochet/knitted potholders are not very practicle for picking up hot things, so maybe if I were to use these for the kitchen and such, might reinforce them with some kind of fabric on the back to help mantain the heat more.

Otherwise, I agree with the others it would make beautiful masha'Allah decor.

wassalamu'alaykum,

Umm AbdulRahman

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP