Tuesday, March 16, 2010

cushions, cushions and more cushions

WARNING: This post may be a little cushion crazy!

My latest, finished crocheted cushion ... 

Rustic?  Home-made? 

It's inside-out! Had ya there!


After finishing the woven cushion, I decided that I just had to finish the others that were sitting in a basket somewhere, back-less. 

It got me thinking about all the different ways one can put together a crocheted cushion.  Here are some:

Recycling old sweaters

That is what I've done in that top picture and a method that Lucy outlines here.

I've also used the Neat Ripple Pattern for the rippley front.  That was my first ripple attempt.

Another one that had been waiting to be finished ...


The Wool-Eater pattern.


Both have recycled jumpers as backs.



Crocheted back with buttons

I did this for one of the first cushions I crocheted.  




Crocheted back without buttons


This is a non-removable cover where the two sides are single-crocheted together.



Stitching the crocheted cover on to a cushion cover (a bit of a cheat!)




Stitching a crocheted cover IN TO a cushion cover

I haven't done this yet.  But what I would do is to start by stitching the crocheted piece on to some nice fabric and then use a great tutorial like this to make up a zippered cushion.
I really want to try this one out next. In sha Allah.

Then, with all of the bigger cushions finished off, you can go and make some tiny ones.
  
 
Do bear in mind that if you have little girls in your household, those tiny ones will be snatched up as soon as they're off the hooks! 


5 comments:

Anonymous,  March 18, 2010 at 7:37 AM  

Assalamu'alaykum sister,

Masha'Allah Congratulations, I love all of your cushions. I also notice you seem to push/challenge your skills in learning your craft more. Insha'Allah you'll go very far(you have actually!)and accomplish many goals in your craft.

Kind regards,

Umm AbdulRahman

Jodie March 22, 2010 at 2:59 AM  

Wow, those sure are some gorgeous cushions!!!!

Hugs - Jodie :)

Anonymous,  March 28, 2010 at 1:44 AM  

mmmmmmmm this post is so full of delicious crochet! a feast for the eyes :o)

Anonymous,  March 30, 2010 at 8:41 PM  

Masha'Allah - boggling my mind this! I have no idea how to crochet but would love to. The cushions are just amazing, beautiful crochet, beautiful colours - a real feast for the eyes as the PP said!

Nicola x

jessyz April 4, 2010 at 1:53 AM  

mashallah, they're all gorgeous

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP