Thursday, March 11, 2010

my creative space

Once again the week has just flown by.  I've been playing with the borrowed sewing machine and have come up with my first garment.  For my 10 year old.  Oh it's not perfect! 


The neck is too small for starters.  So it needs a button at the back.  Some bits are just plain messy!  The crocheted ric-rac was fun, quick and easy to make up.  And thanks to Kate for giving me the guts to try this out!


So, I'm planning to get on with some more crocheted edging for another top but this time, for my 8 year old!   


Remember, you can head over to Kirsty's for more creative spaces!

10 comments:

Beck March 11, 2010 at 3:10 AM  

Even though you think it's not perfect it looks pretty gorgeous to me! What sweet colours and the ric rac is a lovely touch. Hope to see the next version xo

Jennie March 11, 2010 at 3:42 AM  

Thats very clever ric rac! Looks great!

Trudi - Me and Ewe March 11, 2010 at 3:42 AM  

Crochet ric-rac - I have never heard of it - I am intrigued!

Christina Lowry March 11, 2010 at 4:22 AM  

The dress is very sweet! Don't worry yourself with trivial matters like small necks, you made a dress, that is all that counts! The ric rac is cool too.

:)

Kylie March 11, 2010 at 4:54 AM  

Hmm, crochet edging - that's inspiring. I'd love to try that. I did the pin neck thing with my first sewing attempt too! Isn't that funny? It must have something to do with size perception when it's all laid out? (These days I always make them too large!) have fun with more sewing. K

Melanie March 11, 2010 at 5:15 AM  

I love the crochet edging on garments. great colours

Kate March 11, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

Oh you are so welcome. That looks fantastic!, she'll be thrilled with it. The next one will be easy peasy now you've made one and know how it works. X

yardage girl March 11, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

That's a really pretty top and there's no way I could crochet ric rac, so well done!

Baa-Me Kniits March 11, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

Adorable! Well done to you :-) I love the ric-rac and must give that a try too!

Snooze March 11, 2010 at 11:57 PM  

it's absolutely perfect ... perfect fabric, wonderfully perfect crochet. totally perfect!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP