Thursday, April 8, 2010

my creative space ...

... included baby blue, a blanket stitch and a boat ...



... that all belongs to a beautiful new baby boy, born six days ago. My nephew.  Ma sha Allah.  I can tell you, it was a huge honour to visit him in hospital to find him wrapped up in this.  

And just as I was thinking "no crochet today" (a little glum, I might add) we went to the supermarket, I took half of my kids to the loo (it's a fancy one, some of them are and some are quite the opposite here, but anyway ...) and as I waited a noticed some hook action going on ...
... by the attendant.  "CROCHET!" I exclaimed (the word is very similar in Arabic!) and she looked up surprised, then grinned and said "ay-wa" (yes) as she continued crocheting a red hairband.  

5 comments:

Baa-Me Kniits April 9, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

I love new baby presents! I have just made my new niece a mini granny square jacket but can't post photos yet as I have to wait for my sister-in-law to get the parcel in UK first. You will have to keep an eye on my blog for the reveal ;-)

Kate April 9, 2010 at 2:42 PM  

I've just been catching up on your gorgeous blog and I love it all. Congratulations on your new nephew, how very exciting.

Baa-Me Kniits April 9, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

PS I went back to look at the baby shoes and saw that Granny Square...Trellis? Did you ever post a pattern for that?? Loved it :-)

Kylie April 9, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

Crocheting is everywhere! :) What a great story. I love the beautiful blue blanket too. K

Fruitful Fusion April 9, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

Jenni, I can't wait to see that jacket! No, I didn't post the pattern for that square. The question is: Should I add it to my To Do List??? :D

Kate & Kylie, thank you so very much!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP