Monday, May 24, 2010

creativity in other languages

Do you check out blogs in other languages?  If you don't, why not?  I used to scroll through them, looking at the lovely pictures.  But then I noticed Google Translate and decided to give it a go.  I do try to read the French blogs but if the posts are wordy I get lazy and hit "translate"!

These are some of my favourite non-English, creative blogs: 

Bead and Crochet Diary (Turkish) has lots of beautiful bead jewellery and crochet.






Over at Handmade Without Mind (Russian), Deros has lots of lovely embroidery.






I love the colourful crochet at Karin aan de haak (Dutch).







At Subhan'llah (French) you'll find gorgeous knits, some crochet and links.






Mam'zelle Flo (French) crochets, knits and paints beautifully. 









Ptites Mimines (French) is full of all sorts of craft, including kid craft!


And there are those clever folk that blog in more than one language:

Lots of crocheted jewellery at Ne Vous Installez Pas






Julia Vaconsin is a crochet designer who knits and sews too!

9 comments:

Buy Design May 24, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

I often do the same as you, just look at the pictures but you have a point there. What good is a 'translate' button if you never use it ?
I will try it out and hopefully open a whole new world of creativity.
Fiona x

deros May 24, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

so sorry. google translated my comment from english to russian:) i was deleted first one and please, post this one.
Hello my dear far away friend. Thank you for this post. I am glad that the link to my blog in the message. it, the more for me. Thanks again. and bcz you do advertising for me:) I'll try to do everything possible not to disappoint you, and my future readers.
good luck and take care

Baa-Me Kniits May 24, 2010 at 2:52 PM  

Oooh I feel like I've just been on holidays :-) That's a great idea and I loved the crochet jewelery...thanks for the links!

Amrita May 24, 2010 at 4:24 PM  

Using google translate to break the language barrier is a good idea. and thanks for these wonderful links.
Even I spend a lot of time just admiring the work of crocheters who blog in other languages. I have made a doily based on a Russian design. But this one was accompanied by a detailed diagram. so did not have any trouble what so ever in interpreting the design.

Anonymous,  May 24, 2010 at 7:34 PM  

when i stopped by your blog im so suprised and feel happy:))thank you for this nice suprise:)))
i hope everything is ok with you,take care...

Mam'zelle flo May 24, 2010 at 8:12 PM  

Thank you for the link and the nice comment :)
I discovered some new blogs through this post and am really glad!
Hope you have a nice day!
Mam'zelle flo.

inkberryblue May 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

Thank you! I love finding links to great new blogs. I do use the translate button...found that I could read some beautiful Vietnamese blogs that way.

Buy Design May 28, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

Hi again. I just popped by to check your address so that I can add a link back to you. I have now finished my version of your hex jacket and am away to blog about it now. Thanks for the inspiration.
Fiona

Fruitful Fusion May 29, 2010 at 9:25 AM  

Thank YOU dear commenters, old and new! :) I'm glad that we've all made new discoveries.

Fiona, I've been away for a couple of days, so off to check out your jacket now!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP