Saturday, May 22, 2010

the ripple skirt

A quick TA-DA better known in my vocabulary as "finally!" *phew*  
It wasn't a troublesome project at all.  Lots of smooth, calming ripples with a slight fear of running out of yarn (Debbie Bliss pure cotton aran).  But my nature of flitting between projects is what dragged this one out a bit.  That and another fear: sewing a lining! 


This skirt is for my 10 year old.  And while we're speaking of fears, I'll share another one.  I fear she might not wear it much.  I hope in sha Allah, that she does!  


Pattern details:  I used Lucy's Neat Ripple Pattern but in the round, so I didn't have to stitch a seam at all!  I did adjust it a little further down to get the skirt to flare out a bit, by adding a couple of extra increases in each repeat, but every few rows, NOT every row.  For the waistband, I crocheted 4 rows (to make the band), folded the band and crocheted the 5th row, going through the foundation chain too, forming a tube.  This 5th row (the 1st row below the waistband) was the first row worked in the Neat Ripple Pattern.  Clear?  As mud!  Any questions, just ask!

4 comments:

Mary May 24, 2010 at 12:45 AM  

great looking skirt, especially the wavy hemline.

Baa-Me Kniits May 24, 2010 at 3:48 AM  

Thats a lovely skirt, I'm sure your daughter will love it :-)

Amrita May 24, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

This is a wonderful skirt..I would love to crochet this for my own daughter some day...thanks for the pattern. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP