Wednesday, May 5, 2010

some progress ...


I've decided to get my wips sorted out.  They simply CAN NOT sit in a basket at the bottom of pile of other craftiness for two years!  Yes TWO YEARS!  Isn't that ridiculous?  So I'm forcing myself to finish them off. 

This was a throw pattern but with a little more blocking it will be a table runner! 

And this ...


... was supposed to be a table runner.


But it won't be!  Which is one thing I love about crochet ... it's so versatile.  A  little thinking outside the box and a few stitches made differently, will give me something else.

I'll let you know what it becomes soon in sha Allah. I'm actually really excited about this piece of crochet that I used to look at and think "Ugh, I need to finish that off!"

Now for some colour ...


It's almost done!!!

And while I'm at it, my longstanding wip...
Want to see some more squares? 


8 comments:

Sarah - Red Gingham May 5, 2010 at 12:12 PM  

Wow it's all so wonderful looking! I just love the pattern on the second table runner. I'd make it into something like a vest to wear if it was mine. I'm quite keen to make a piece of clothing from crochet one day.

And those very pretty squares are going to look amazing when you have a few joined together. Very pretty squares.

Baa-Me Kniits May 5, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

your WIP's are great...love those crochet squares you do and can't wait to see how you changed the table runner? It looks gorgeous :-)

Buy Design May 5, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

I find that keeping my wips in different places is a good way to fool myself that I don't have so many things to finish off. Does that make sense ? Great idea to turn your throw into a table runner.

Fruitful Fusion May 5, 2010 at 5:02 PM  

Sarah, I'd LOVE to crochet clothing for myself too! But that piece is not so big and so it's going to be something else, more an accessory!

Jenni, I'm hoping to have it done soon! And the squares too, I don't think I'll see the CAL all the way through to the end of the year. As soon as I have enough squares for a small throw, I'm done! :)

Buy Design, oh yes, makes perfect sense to me as I've done it. But not anymore! I'm determined to get through these and move on :)

Gypsy Sparrow May 5, 2010 at 7:51 PM  

since I am in the middle of moving, I had to pack up my WIPs... they are probably gonna be less fun to unpack than they were to pack, lol

Valerie May 7, 2010 at 1:05 AM  

they are all gorgeous !

what is the second WIP going to become finally ?! i love the pattern, what crochet size do you use for this one ?

Unknown May 7, 2010 at 11:08 AM  

Lovely...I am guilty of a few wips lurking as well..Yours are beautiful and so close to being done it looks like. :)

Fruitful Fusion May 7, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

SN, I do feel for you! I hate un-packing! But then you have all those wips to look forward to.. lol!

Valerie you'll have to wait and see. It's something a bit different from what I'd usually do. I've used mercerised crochet cotton and a 2mm hook.

Amanda, I can't wait to have them all finished esp these old ones. This lacey one is from when I first started crocheting!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP