Saturday, May 1, 2010

little people

Sometimes we look so far ahead for rays of sunshine that we miss the ones that are shining through the clouds directly on to our grey patch.  The best people to remind us of this are those special ones.  The little people!  It doesn't take much to please them.  Yet they make you feel as though you've more than made their day.  Fish Pie, for instance, one of the easiest meals I can make them, brings me "Shukran Ummi" (Thanks Mum!), joining in with their games has them beaming with gratitude and fulfilling their little requests has them hugging me warmly!  Little People are wonderful!  If you don't have some in your home, I suggest you go out and grab some get to know some, spend time with them and they will bring joy to your life!  But you know what, I feel that I cheat when it comes to crochet.  When they so much as hint that they want or need a crocheted item, I set about making one.  I love to crochet!  I have a skirt and a blanket on the go for two of mine right now.  

After I signed up for Kate's pincushion swap and found out that my swap partner had 4 daughters, I thought I'd send something edible for them.  But I had doubts about the time it would take for the package to get to them.  So I decided to crochet some little, simple goodies.  Like I said, I love to crochet!  Today I opened up my inbox and found a beautiful email from Sarah's daughters, expressing their appreciation. Oh it made my day! 

       

8 comments:

AmberLee May 1, 2010 at 10:29 PM  

you are too thoughtful! I'll be they loved it. and how sweet that they emailed a thank you. LOVE all your projects here.

Buy Design May 1, 2010 at 11:17 PM  

I've just been looking through your blog and thought I should say hi! Your work is lovely.

Sarah - Red Gingham May 2, 2010 at 12:11 AM  

I have decided to use the heart as a bookmark.The colours of the heart remind me of one of my fav ice-cream flavours,rainbow something?Thank-you again
Daughter #1.
:):)xxxxxxxxoooooooo

Fruitful Fusion May 2, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

Thank you so much AmberLee and Fiona!
Sarah's girl no.1, thank YOU my dear!

Buy Design May 2, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

Hi again, thanks for your comment. The blanket is still a work in progress with a bit of an identity crisis. Running short of the turquoise yarn so am having to re-think a bit. I have some crocheted bracelets on my blog posted as 'Saturday's Fair'. It's my first posting in March. I need to learn how to put my postings into categories but thats on a long list of To Do's. If you take a look I would be interested in your thoughts.
Fiona

Buy Design May 2, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

Glad you like my bracelets. I use 'enamel coated, silver plated,copper wire' It comes in lots of gauges for jewellery making and I use the finest one for crochet. 0.08mm I have knitted with it for ages but wanted more variety which is why I started learning to crochet.
Thanks for tip on linking my posts.
Fiona

Unknown May 4, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

That's very kind of them. I am sure they received very lovely gifts. Little people always show me the light! xo m.

Jodie May 5, 2010 at 6:48 AM  

How gorgeous!!! What would the world be like without the little people...

Hugs - Jodie :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP