Tuesday, June 15, 2010

cbc - days 5 & 6

Day 5

Random word prompt: grow



I've found something I like: adding the ink outline.
Day 6 

Journal Prompt

What are your self-imposed “rules” of creating. What are some characteristics of your work that you seem to inhabit in each of your works? Do you find that you have these same tendencies when you work in a different medium or do you tend to switch rule sets? Brainstorm some alternatives methods, ideas, or techniques for how to escape your traditional style.

I once took an in-depth psychometric test for a job.  It was very thorough and I wasn't really out to get the job, as I had a one year old at home, so I don't think that influenced the result. I turned up for the interview half-heartedly and worked through the questions. 
One of the facets of my personality that it higlighted was that I am a "hoverer".  Someone who must assess the situation, sleep on it, think it through before going in for the attack.   

I don't know if this is exctly what I do when creating on paper.  But it seems a little like that.  I sketch, I use different pencils, I shade and go over what I've done and most of the time the shading is so intense that I won't introduce colour to it and that will be it.  So, for the next project: NO sketching, NO shading, DIRECT colour and for added flavour one un-used tool, a straw.  

Random word prompt: fluid


 By the way, that approach on the psychometric test got me the job! 

4 comments:

moments June 15, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

love your day 5 picture...so beautiful...well done for taking on such a challenging course....

Fruitful Fusion June 15, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

Aw thank you my dear! I'm lagging behind a bit! Day 5 is my fave so far too!

Buy Design June 16, 2010 at 12:32 AM  

I can't remembered what I was called in my test but I am basically a 'let everyone else have their say, go with the majority, and when it all goes wrong, jump in and sort it', kind of person.
Did you paint before this Boot Camp or is this something completely new to you? It's good to follow you through your project.
Fiona

Fruitful Fusion June 16, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

Fiona, that result sounds good to me! I dabbled in painting before the boot camp. Actually, I found myself shying away from it even though I loved sketching when I was teenager. That's why I chose it as my medium for the course, which has helped a great deal. There is a mild kind of pressure on me to try out new techniques, learn skills and hopefully improve!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP