Wednesday, August 11, 2010

my creative space - wrapping it


Ramadan, the Islamic month of fasting, has begun.  So I've been wrapping a couple of little gifts.  But no, there is another sort of wrapping going on ...


Oh yes! It's THE wrap vest.  But instead of a warm and snug wrap, I have a light and airy one here that I thought would be most suitable for where we are.

It's for one of my girls and of course the other one wants one too!


I need to get rid of some rows though!  And yes, she gets a matching crochet cuff made with the left over cotton.


Wrap vests I've been admiring:

From top left: Two and Six, Raglan Guld, Joyce Lives Here, Myrtle and Eunice, Kootoyoo, Foxs Lane

I just have to bring your attention to this wonderful little blog I've just discovered (via a Ravelry group)!!! If you LOVE crochet, you will LOVE this!!! 

Check out more creative spaces at Kirsty's

10 comments:

deros August 12, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

Ramadam Mubarak!
so interesting model and nice work

Crochet with Raymond August 12, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

the vest looks great and I love the cuff too!

Buy Design August 14, 2010 at 2:38 PM  

Love your cuff. Despite telling myself NO to broomstick crochet I have been playing around a bit myself. The cuff looks lovely.
Fiona

Eva August 15, 2010 at 1:22 AM  

Ramadan Mubarak! lovely :) i really like the cuff too!

Carmel's Closet August 15, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

Lovely wrap! I might just have to look into that for the future - need a bit more practice first.
Carmel

inkberryblue August 17, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

I really like the lightness and drape of the vest. I haven't tried broomstick lace yet ~ it's on my To Do list. Nice work!

Zinah Nur Sharif August 17, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

nice mashallah and great blog :)
keep up the great work

feel free to check out my blog: http://zinahns.blogspot.com

love and peace

Fruitful Fusion August 29, 2010 at 12:12 PM  

Thank you all for your kind comments. I haven't been able to get online from home but I really appreciate the feedback :)

'Joyce' August 31, 2010 at 4:46 AM  

oh this vest is lovely. Just perfect for spring, but still warm enough to be cosy. I love it. Thanks for sharing. Thanks also for the mention. My vest is still getting lots of wear. I also love your cuff, what a great match. Have a wonderful day.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP