Saturday, August 7, 2010

squared up

A finished project!!!  I've had to finish off my 2010 Block-A-Month Crochet-A-Long early.  I didn't even make up all of the squares, but I think we have a mutual agreement, my squares and I.  "Don't drag this any longer than you need to!" they shout out to me.  "Finish us off and put us to good use!"  


A few days before Ramadan starts is good timing, I think, seeing as there is a bit of a de-clutter and clean up operation underway.  

 

It isn't exactly what I had in mind back in January.  I left some squares out.  The colours changed!  And it's not that I didn't enjoy crocheting them.  A CAL is a great way to experiment with stitches.  I just have too many other things going on!  

Enough rambling!  

Here it is ... 

The whole thing ...


More of a lap blanket or a Little Person's Blanket at 36 by 36 inches.  I don't usually "do" Imperial but that was a nice, easy-to-remember, round figure.


I've used Hayfield Bonus DK for this blanket, which, I find, is a pretty good acrylic yarn.

The squares have been joined using the Flat Braid Joining method.


The blanket will probably live on the back of a sofa until a)it's a little cooler or b)the kids want to play super heroes or c)the kids want to play tents!

Jenni asked about a pattern, so I'll go one better and list them all here :)

 
Bottom row, left to right: Tilt-A-Whirl, Sun Daze, Eternal Braid Square


Now, I can get on with this new cotton project without feeling guilty.  So much for my new WIP policy!

There's a little link party at AnneMarie's Brieblog, where this post is linked up.  You can join and add something that you've made every Saturday and have a look at other lovely creations!  

6 comments:

deros August 7, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

congratulation dear winner:))) i like multifunction things:)))

Unknown August 7, 2010 at 11:17 PM  

Love it, and the great thing about Crochet is in the future if you want to make it bigger you can....I bet it will get lot's of use...

Imaan August 8, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

Ma shaa Allah! It is just GORGEOUS! I really need to quit being chicken and just get started learning how to crochet!!

Eva August 9, 2010 at 4:53 AM  

lovely! mashaAllah :)

Baa-Me Kniits August 9, 2010 at 4:55 AM  

Beautiful! It comes together beautifully, I love it! Thanks for the link and the pattern info, that is a great way to use up some stash, I really like the use of different size squares :-)

*❀* December 21, 2010 at 2:40 AM  

this is so beautiful! really stunning! i love the colous xxx and i have very much enjoyed catching up on reading your posts this evening.

much love xxx

sumea

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP