Friday, November 5, 2010

trying out new things

 

I had a go with the double pointed needles. Just a teeny project. But I did enjoy it and wondered why I hadn't given it a go before! And that continental knitting is brilliant stuff too! Now I want to try Norwegian purling like Jessy over here

Yes, it's ONE project. A really clever reversible cuddly. The heads are a bit limp and eye-less!
 

Another thing I'd like to try is to cut a decent pattern and sew ME a decent top! I spent a lovely evening while my nan was here, learning from her and picking up great tips. Great tips for a complete and utter beginner like me! Grandmothers are a blessing!

4 comments:

Baa-Me Kniits November 5, 2010 at 3:29 PM  

I am still to master the continental knitting which I should try as it is so much quicker!

Cute project...how clever, will have to check that out my boys would love it :-)

I am a beginner sewer as well and I am trying to perfect the right top....I am sick of not being able to find anything in the shops that fits or is not to grannyish or teenage. Good luck with your pattern, i'm off to check out that Norweigan purling??? :-)

jessyz November 5, 2010 at 10:10 PM  

SO cute! I love those reversible thingies. I was so afraid of DPNs and then I realized they weren't so scary after all. I soo want a sewing machine toooo.
and Norwegian purling makes so much more sense for me

Yarny Days November 6, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

So cute! I love all of them!

Imaan November 7, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

as salaamu `alaykum...


Oh, but I love the floppy head! Makes it look so adorable and winning, no? :) Ma shaa Allah... your work is wonderful!

I picked up cross-stitch! (Still not gotten to crochet though I keep threatening to!) And I have tonnes of embroidery WIPs... *sigh*

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP