Thursday, December 2, 2010

my creative space ...

... has been exciting! For a crocheter, knitter or any kind of yarny-type that is. Why? Because I live in desert country (well, no, not 100%, but let's just go with it), and haven't been able to find a decent yarn shop. That is until NOW. I read about this place on a Ravelry forum (SaudiStitchers) and thought "That's great, but it won't have really good stuff, I'm sure". Up until now, any yarn that I've bought here has been cheap, sometimes scratchy acryllics or some nice, one-off skeins in very limited colours. I finally made it to the shop (Nowari in Hera Mall, near gate 2 for any Jeddah yarnies) I'd heard about and was in awe. Ma sha Allah. It's a small place but jam-packed with yarny goodness in all sorts of colours and fibres and any other tools one might need (for all sorts of yarny habits). I'm so glad I could get some thick cotton for a baby blanket. 


 There's a little shop right behind it too where I got a couple of buttons for the wraps.

 


So today, I will finish off atleast one long-standing work-in-progress in sha Allah and start on some of this cotton before I let the weekend sweep me away! 


And that accidental yarn? 


It's Debbie Bliss pure cotton aran in Sage. 


A gift that was so beautifully appreciated. Isn't it just amazing when a recipient really likes a gift that you've made? That pattern for the hat is here.

As always, there are lots of creative spaces but this is the last one for 2010 at Kootoyoo! Thank you Kirsty for being a great hostess!

6 comments:

Buy Design December 2, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

I love finding woolly treasure troves. Hope you remembered that you can always go back and didn't buy up the whole shop.

LeeAnn Purtha December 3, 2010 at 12:33 AM  

I live in a desert too (Arizona, USA) and I finally found a great yarn shop that isn't too terribly far away in the town next to us. I completely understand your excitement. I didn't think I would ever find one! Congratulations on your discovery! I can't wait to see more of your creative spaces. =]

Baa-Me Kniits December 3, 2010 at 4:50 AM  

Your new purchases look exciting :-)

Kate December 3, 2010 at 5:20 AM  

That must have been such an amazing discovery.
I hope the yarn shop is near by so you can visit often.
LOVE the cottons.

Aysh December 12, 2010 at 5:39 PM  

WOW!! I live in Jeddah and I have been searching for yarn for the past 5years!!! Okay so I did find some but... I HAVE to check out your discovery! Will do so as soon as I can!

Btw, I crochet, knit, tat, play with embroidery and a lot more. Itis reallynice finding your blog!:)

Imaan December 17, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

as salaamu `alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Oh my! Gorgeous ma shaa Allah. I need someone to sit down and teach me to crochet!!! More please!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP