Monday, September 26, 2011

grannies

Heart: all

... don't you love 'em? Yep, the human kind are nice too!


A little warning though: They're all unblocked!


Heart: none. Hate: none.

Of course, I mean the good old granny square. What's that? Boring, you say? No way! When I first started crocheting, about 4 years ago, I came across Sarah London's blog and was in awe of the colour, the textures and techniques that she uses. Gone were my initial thoughts of grannies being boring! And after hooking a few grannies myself, they are a favourite. They can be used in so many ways and can send out various mood vibes based on the colours you choose to use. 


Heart: none. Hate: top left.

I hooked up a few recently for Crochet-a-Rainbow and realised how I love certain colour combos and HATE others.


Heart: lower right. Hate: top left.

Heart: all.

I had planned to share them here and then today, I saw that Sarah's having a Granny Square Love Blog Book Tour! Isn't that exciting! I'm looking forward to the tour. She has a book trailer AND a giveaway too!


Heart: top left. Hate: none.

I love that she says "Begin your day with a blank canvas and ensure to saturate it with colour! Scandalous or safe the colour choice is entirely yours."

Thank you to all of you that commented on:
a) the dress - tutorial coming up in sha Allah!
b) the sourdough bread - it didn't rise as much as the first one (which was white). I probably tried to rush it along. Our loaf was gone in a flash though!



2 comments:

Anisa umm imran September 27, 2011 at 7:17 PM  

masha`allah i love them ... it one of the thing i want to do next is make a blanket out of little grannie squares

Aysh October 3, 2011 at 11:54 AM  

Assalamalikum, they are all pretty! I have been inspired to make a large granny square backing for my pillow after your advice... will post after i finsh. your work is all inspiring mashaAllah! keep up the good work.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP