Thursday, November 10, 2011

my creative space - sc, sc, sc,

Reasons why I don't loooooove amigurumi:


1. I find seemingly never-ending rounds or rows of single crochet boring.
2. There's too much fiddly stitching involved.
3. There's no smooth, flowing crochet involved.
4. Most of the time I can't do something else at the same time.
5. It takes me too long to complete even a small project because of the above!


But still,




I gave it a go. 


Then I lost my weaving-in needle. So I have to wait until I go home (I've been staying at my parents') to finish this off!


In the meantime, 



  • I got stuck into something more autumnal



  • enjoyed early morning sunlight









  • went out walking in my parents, oh-so-quiet compound 




It's becoming a bit of jungle!


While I cook something up for our returned and returning travellers, check out some more creative spaces.

8 comments:

Megan November 10, 2011 at 12:05 PM  

I totally agree with you about all of the above reasons for not being a huge fan of amigurumi. But, your turtle is incredibly cute! I always love the end result, if only it didn't take so so so long!

Baa-Me Kniits November 10, 2011 at 1:26 PM  

Lovely crochet, I don't mind doing sc I get stuck on the doily patterns :-) What is the celebration of eid for? Have a great weekend :-)

CouchCrochetCrumbs November 10, 2011 at 3:17 PM  

I love your loungeroom- its so simple!

I also dont like amigurumi, I think its because I'm more lace-based, but I think its nice when other people make it lol. I really like that turtle, its so cute. Did you go to hajj this year? if you did Allah yet'abbal minkom :)

Fruitful Fusion November 10, 2011 at 5:48 PM  

Silver, thank you so much. Yes, I wish it was quicker to finish too!

Jenni, your amigurumi is lovely! Regarding Eid, my friend has posted a little video all about it here:
http://www.mydubaimycity.com/en/videofull/1045/About-Eid-Al-Adha
I hope that helps.

Fruitful Fusion November 10, 2011 at 6:02 PM  

CCC, thank you! I didn't got for Hajj. Had a quiet Eid with most of my family away! That living room is actually my Mum and Dad's. I love the light in that room.

Fiona November 10, 2011 at 6:23 PM  

I don't do amigurumi for all of your reasons ... but your turtle looks fantastic!! Love the autumnal crochet .. what is it going to be?

Buy Design November 11, 2011 at 7:40 PM  

Looks like I'm the odd one out. I love amigurumi. I've made loads and loads of them in all shapes and sizes. I've got a brilliant book by Elisabeth A Doherty and I've just started tweaking some of the patterns to make Santa's

Fruitful Fusion November 11, 2011 at 7:55 PM  

Thanks Fiona. It's going to be a scarf or a shawl depending on my blocking skills! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP