Saturday, March 3, 2012

my creative space - t'was cold!

I don't know where the time goes. But it goes. Somehow I managed to spend a bit of time with family, but the cooler weather round these parts seems to have brought a bit of illness with it. Bronchitis and pneumonia are seemingly doing the rounds in this part of a desert country! I've been juggling a few things which I may tell you about at a later date (or I may not ... insert evil laugh here ... of course I joke!)


In the meantime here's something I tried out just for the challenge. No I didn't knit around a dinner plate! I did block this beret on a dinner plate though. 


I have no idea when I would wear it but I loved that I got to knit a hat and also learnt some new techniques:

  • the double start cast on
  • knitting cable-less cables (that are explained in the pattern)
  • and I loved the effect that knitting in the back loops had on the ribbing (this is also one of the features of the Shalom Cardigan that I loved - I need a better button before I blog that!)
  • I used dpns as I didn't have small enough circulars, so it was a bit of work, but worth it in the end!

So as I go and tackle the cold (Today's cold reminds me of winter mornings in England when you wash your hands and feel the chill right down to the bone!), since it's crochet month, here's a bit of crochet I spotted! It was used to cover some food my mum's neighbour sent her.


More creative spaces here!



7 comments:

deros March 3, 2012 at 12:43 PM  

I like it so much, good job!!! always like to read your blog and look at your handmade
take care and happy crochet/knitting :)

mib March 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM  

AS SALAAM ALAIKUM. MASHAALLAH, cool beret. seeing the second pic of your post i have a feeling that we live nearby, i think we have same neighbours, lol. INSHAALLAH, i will email you.

jessyz March 3, 2012 at 9:04 PM  

it is gorgous. I block on balloons and balls because I don't have round plates :-)

Hope you are feeling better now.

Anonymous,  March 3, 2012 at 9:48 PM  

love the beret too...subhanallah only this morning as we were going round ikea i was telling my dd16 about my friend who made lovely teacup warmers...thanks for sharing sis, wa salaams, hope you all better now...

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures March 8, 2012 at 6:22 PM  

Our weather is warm, cool, cold, muggy, dusty, hazy, clear, sunny ...never know what the day will hold. thankfully we've all been just fine, though so many others are getting sick with colds and flu and stomach bugs. I tried knitting twice but just couldn't get the hang of it. Much prefer to crochet, which is what I am gonna do at this very moment. Have a great weekend. Tammy

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP