Friday, March 9, 2012

my creative space - *cough*

Oh well, what can I say. After my last post, my littlest got better and I got worse. Alhamdulillah. But somewhere in amongst the vinegar (yes, I drink vinegar in hot water to curb the tonsilitis and it's brilliant!), we managed to make fruity dinners and yummy smoothies. 

One day, my Mum and Dad stopped by with a  bottle of laban (fermented milk or buttermilk, I think) and a bottle of 7 UP! After calling out for a jug, my Mum poured out the two, gave the mix a stir and served the refreshing drink to us all! She got the idea from her best friend and it was great! We put another spin on it and added strawberries and pineapple chunks. I'm not  in to carbonated drinks so I left out the fizzy. Try it!

Since we had strawberries, we also tried a new salad idea of combining the straws with cucumber and yoghurt, which seemed to be a hit.
  
 It seems as though food photography is becoming a given in this home. I found this on my phone, courtesy of my first born! Home-made English Muffins!

As I rested, I did a few rounds of the wool eater crochet-along. I had a few gaping holes in mine, so I re-did what I had done, using 4ch instead of 5 (thanks to a tip from a fellow raveler).I also found that the Drops Paris cotton sat better without a ch2 before and after each scallop. This thing is going to take absolutely AGES! It's a bit dull, so I'm injecting a bit of colour in the next couple of rounds! 


And yesterday, I felt a lot better alhamdulillah that I could join in with the run around at the park, with 8 kids although they all outran me including the almost-two-year-old. A couple of boys set this school project up, took photos of it and left!


"We're all in this together". It's a nice message, don't you think?


And here's something funny (because we all need a laugh from time to time), I just realised that when I read blogs that I know are written by Americans I read them in an American accent! Ok, I just checked out an Aussie blog to see if I do the same, and I think I kind of do! Weird? I suppose this is the kind of thing that happens when you grow up in an expat community.


As always, more creative spaces right here (I said that in my head as I typed it in an Aussie accent)!

6 comments:

moments March 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM  

alhamdulillah you are feeling better!

Jodi Wiley March 10, 2012 at 1:51 AM  

Wow, your crochet is beautiful. I wish I could do something like that! Amazing. I love the 'we're all in this together photo'. Very cool!

Anonymous,  March 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM  

so what accent to you put on when you read my comments? don't you dare say spanish...i'm basque remember?
does the vinegar really worki? i might try it ..thanks xxx

mib March 11, 2012 at 12:13 AM  

INSHAALLAH, hope you are okay now. 7up and laban.......hmmmmm tht sounds interesting. INSHAALLAH, i will try it. a month back i had seen a pic of the wool eater crochet pattern, was searching for its pattern. http://www.flickr.com/photos/hollandfabrichouse/galleries/72157622602195412#photo_3967240595, INSHAALLAH, i was planning to make a blanket like tht, what's your project going to be?

Fruitful Fusion March 11, 2012 at 12:42 PM  

Thanks everyone!

LM, eagerly awaiting your "catch up"!

AbW, your work is pretty amazing!

Princess, my brain can't even try Spanish let alone Basque (and I bet their similar anyway! lol) so I always read yours in an English accent! :)

mib, join in with the cal! It's fun! I'm going to try and make it as big as I possibly can. We must meet up. I was in your neighbourhood and was wondering where you might live! Not in a stalking kind of way!

Unknown March 18, 2012 at 3:46 PM  

Hi just found out that your my partner for the jubille swap,lovely to find your blog,sorry I couldn't find your Email adress
Looking forward to our swap.
X Manda X

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP