Monday, April 23, 2012

colour lovers - 3KCBWDAY1

Remember that knit and crochet blog week over at Eskimimi Makes? It started today and I'm trying it out!

Day 1 is all about colour. When I first started to crochet, I didn't have a lot of yarn choices. One of my first big projects was a huge hotch potch of colours because I had all the oddments of yarn that Hubby had picked up at a boot sale.

But as I look through my yarn stash now, I get a better idea of my colour choices.

I go for neutrals, especially if I'm going to wear it.

Or if someone else is going to wear it.

Unless they want a bit of colour.

Or I need to work with colour!

What I know for sure is that I don't limit myself to certain colours. I feel it's more about the colour combinations for me ... and a lot of the time, how I'm feeling. Neutrals? Loud colours?

Sometimes I like to mix the muted tones with pops of colour.

And other times I pick colour combinations subconsciously. Really!
I did it here

where I was inspired by trips to Algiers.

And here

where I was inspired by this!

How about you? How do you choose your colours?
posted from Bloggeroid

2 comments:

jessyz April 24, 2012 at 11:19 AM  

I love neutrals and muted colors but every once in a while go really loud. I love how your color choices are subconsciously inspired.

Maryam April 25, 2012 at 10:47 AM  

mashallah i love all the colours...and i really like the blanket!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP