Saturday, April 28, 2012

improving your skillset - 3KCBWDAY6

I know, I don't think I've ever blogged this frequently before. What can I say? I was up for the challenge! And yesterday's post took quite a bit of energy, with all the back and forth between apps and trying to figure out why certain things weren't happening the way I wanted them to. By the end of it there was a big "Alhamdulillah!" from me and my girls (boys just don't get it!)

But today it's all about improving your skillset. I do feel that recently I haven't done anything really really new as far crochet goes. Ok, I've crocheted on burlap (and even card) but other than that, not much else.


Knitting on the hand has tested my ability to learn new things lately.
From cableless cables to various cast on methods, it's been fun!


Some of the things I would like to do with the hook are:

Tunisian Crochet

via

more Irish Crochet

via

and some designing

And the main things I would like to try out with the needles are:

Cables!

via

and to knit a pair of socks as opposed to just one!

This post was a part of the third knit and crochet blog week. To see more of the participating blogs just google the code: 3KCBWDAY6

posted from Bloggeroid

6 comments:

moonstruckcreations April 28, 2012 at 6:51 PM  

Have you seen those crochet hooks called knooks? Its a kind of Tunisian crochet I think, looks quite appealing!

Helenxx

ireminisces April 29, 2012 at 12:30 AM  

boys do get it, alhamdulillah

Evelyn April 29, 2012 at 2:41 PM  

Cables are great fun! I hope you try that next.

Maggie April 29, 2012 at 4:25 PM  

I can remember doing cables years ago. A bit fiddly but very satisfying results. I like the look of the Tunisian crochet. Maggie xx

Maryam April 29, 2012 at 6:04 PM  

I just tried out some Tunisian crochet it was great fun...and kept me quiet all day!

kathy b May 2, 2012 at 2:42 AM  

If you've crocheted on burlap....is there mORE?? WOW

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP