Saturday, June 9, 2012

charity craft auction!!!

Phew! This weekend is over and I can finally sleep! It was a lovely experience having my first booth, selling my creations at a bazaar. There are some things I would do differently and some things weren't in my control. Nevertheless, it was a great experience! I will have to come back to post all about it in sha Allah. But for now, an important thing!




The craft auction started yesterday! Yes, yesterday some items went on sale to raise money for little Youcef who is in desperate need of surgery to remove a lump on his eye and one on his brain. Emma has done a great job setting this up but here's where YOU come in. You can bid on any of the items that are being auctioned off. Check out the blog for details. 


My contribution is ...


a lined star stitch purse!



It's crocheted in a soft, teal Debbie Bliss cotton and the lining makes it sturdier. It's approximately 18 by 11 cm. It's great for holding pencils, make-up, crochet hooks .... whatever you fancy!  



It doesn't matter where in the world you are. You are most welcome to join in. Bidding will close on Thursday the 14th of June at midnight BST. That's 2 am KSA time! As soon as the final bidder has made payment and I have their address, I will post out the purse in sha Allah (God willing)! All you have to do is a leave a comment on this post, saying how much you'd like to bid. Let's start at 5 pounds stirling (that's approximately 30 Saudi riyals). 


And for anyone in Jeddah I will auction off another item on my facebook page (unfortunately I can't send that off internationally). Details coming soon on facebook in sha Allah.


So without further ado, let the bidding begin!!! I've made a start and bid on these items! But there seem to be lots of gorgeous things coming up! 





Isn't it exciting? There are such beautiful handmade creations available!




And in case anyone was wondering, that rosewood 4mm crochet hook was my latest hooky splurge. I purchased it from the best LYS in Jeddah (Arts and Crafts in Sultan Mall)!

ETA: The auction has now ended!



2 comments:

ireminisces June 10, 2012 at 12:36 AM  

mashAllah how much did you manage to raise?

Emma,  June 10, 2012 at 5:57 PM  

Masha'Allah love the colour!
I bid £6

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP