Wednesday, August 15, 2012

i will miss ...

Ramadan

waiting by the Red Sea and watching the sun set to mark the time to break the fast


while children run and play together

laying out family contributions to the picnic


entertaining visiting family too

walking along the Corniche watching other picnickers

the ice cream vans along the road

the kiosks selling cheap plastic seaside ware

the children selling face cloths

the ladies walking by decorating hands with henna

I will miss Ramadan in Jeddah

4 comments:

Umm Maimoonah August 15, 2012 at 3:45 PM  

Assalaamu Alaikum sister!
I can imagine how much you would miss, Qadarallaah Maashaa Allaah, I just feel it within me, if I were to leave I would feel the same too! May Allaah bless you and give you success and tranquillity wherever you live. Aameen!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures August 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM  

Ramadan sounds nice where you are. We don't have quite the same experience here. If I go out, I like to get home early, otherwise traffic is crazy. Wishing you and yours Eid Mubarak. Tammy

khadijah August 24, 2012 at 5:17 AM  

assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu sis!
masha'Allah what a LOVELY blog!!!! masha'Allah i love all the cute crocheting that you do and those chicken pastry looks so delicious masha'Allah!


I love the Saudi photos as well :)
please do visit my blog when you can insha'Allah
www.onechinesemuslimah.blogspot.com!
xo
Khadijah

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP