Friday, August 24, 2012

my creative space - Thuwal

We celebrated 'Eid after a month of fasting. We spent time with loved ones, and we spent time resting after a busy month. 


And then we took our visiting family members to the beach! Thuwal is an hour away and this unusually designed mosque sits by the beach. Before we started splashing in the sea, I had to grab some shots  of it! And since I have definitely been a leap frogger when it comes to crafting, switching between various crochet and knit projects, I resort to sharing my phone photography with you! 


I think this mosque is beautiful!


The interior is like most other mosques.



But this view took me to Andalusian Spain, ma sha Allah!


I love that the architects weren't afraid to take a traditional building and go so contemporary with it.



Lots more creative spaces here!

* Thank you, jazakum Allahu khayr for the comments about my cousin. I really appreciate it. He has improved a lot with regard to his upper body alhamdulillah, but the lower body remains immobile. 

7 comments:

moonstruckcreations August 24, 2012 at 3:06 PM  

a belated Eid Mubarak to you and your family! Love your photos, the masjid looks amazing.



Helenxx

Crafts @ Home August 24, 2012 at 8:14 PM  

What a wonderful building, hope you've had a wonderful Eid with your family :)
Sue Xxx

Anonymous,  August 25, 2012 at 4:17 AM  

Masha-Allah, I'm glad that you've enjoyed your Eid sister ___ (until now you haven't told me your good name sister in Islam ^_^) celebrating Eid in Saudi Arabia is way more enjoyable than celebrating Eid elsewhere :)

My family and I and our guests from Saudi ARabia also went to the beach after Eid :) which beach did you go to in Jeddah? Are the visitors there allowed to go for a swim?

Of course those masjids are beautiful Masha-Allah :) I don't think there is any art that is more amazing and more beautiful than Islamic art, nothing can also beat the beauty of Allah's creation in nature :) Allah knows best.

Take care and wasalaam :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures August 25, 2012 at 10:41 AM  

That is a great picture with the shadows from the cutwork. Glad to hear your cousin is showing some improvement. Wishing him continued recovery. When does your move take place? Take care. Tammy

Tweed Thoughts August 27, 2012 at 4:57 PM  

Hi - I've given you a blog award here: http://idreamoftweed.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/doggy-paddling-and-lovely-blog-award.html

No worries though - please don't feel pressurised to respond!
Alison :)

Anne Butera August 29, 2012 at 7:53 PM  

What gorgeous photos! That mosque looks amazing. I especially love the patterns of the sunshine on the floor. Beautiful!

Glad you were able to enjoy some time with your family. I'd love to see what you're crocheting and knitting!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP