Sunday, October 7, 2012

blogtoberfest

Friday was a rough day. Do you know that empty feeling? And you believe no one else gets it. It was a bit like that. But since then, I'm finding myself immersed in busy-ness and I feel better for it. We're still waiting on things before we can book our flights and set our date to leave. So I'm tempted to jump in to Blogtoberfest, a week late but why not? I've never done it before. Do you think I can blog every day for the rest of this month? I'd like to try. I don't have a plan. I don't have a theme. I might use the prompts. I might not. All I know is there are things going on all the time. Some big. Some small. It would be a great way of archiving my "stuff before I leave". Do you see blogging that way? Initially, I didn't. I'm not the type who goes back and re-reads their blog posts from yesteryear. But I've had to at times, while looking for something and it has been quite interesting. So many times I've thought "Did I really do/say/write that???" 

I don't often check my blog stats either. Occasionally, out of curiosity, I'll check to see where people are coming over from and head over and pay referring sites a visit. Sometimes I get some funny little search keywords. Last week I had this:

do gifts that fall apart mean a hex

I hope they didn't find what they were looking for here!

Now that I should be leaving soon, I think it will be nice to share more slices of life here in Jeddah. Especially the art and creativity.


I have a few other projects to share with you and in sha Allah I can do that too. And those draft posts are haunting me too! 

For now though, back to the business of educating my children ... 

2 comments:

ireminisces October 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM  

Asalamu alaikum,

You have a wonderful blog keep it up, a request to share with friends and family who intend to go Hajj to visit my blog and see some simple and fun posts about Hajj inshAllah..

Take Care.

Sketched Soul October 9, 2012 at 3:33 AM  

As-salaamu'alaykum sis,
Oh my.. I don't think I can blog for a month straight... I will check by often now that I know you're on a mission :)
xx

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP