Thursday, October 25, 2012

my creative space - trying

Yes, I couldn't keep up with blogtoberfest. But it's ok. I tried. I enjoyed. I learnt.

This week, while I was knitting an amari shawl I ran out of yarn! What's new, eh? I don't want to go and get some more. And it breaks my heart to frog it ...


... but I started another one anyway! I have missed leisurely crochet, but since my crochet and plastic escapades began, I've turned to knitting for comfort crafting!


Of course there is more plastic on the scene as we have a few other ideas coming along!


My head has been occupied with a lot lately, so I've been taking pleasure from the simple things in my life that can often get overlooked.

Yes, the first Marks and Spencers food hall I've seen in Jeddah. It's teeny but it's there!

Window shopping with my family.


Letting the girls take over the kitchen. 


Going for walks. 

Today I stepped out with my 9 year old son. It was one-to-one time and much needed. With four children and now homeschooling them, they tend to get lumped together all too often. 


I loved that we could talk about Hajj, as today is a special day, being the main day of Hajj, when pilgrims gather in Arafah, near Makkah. 

I loved that he could talk my ear off about football and I have to catch myself when I've said "hmm" too often and actually engage with him on his favourite topic. 

I savour these moments with each of my children ma sha Allah.


While my energy levels are a bit low, all manners of zestiness are at a trough too, today is a special day for us of reflection, fasting, supplication, worship, charity, goodness, preparations for a simple meal today and celebration of 'Eid al Adha, stemming from the traditions of Prophet Abraham (Ibraheem 'alayhis salaam) tomorrow.

I wish you all well and Eid Mubarak (Blessed Eid).

Check out more creative spaces here and #amonthof #mycreativespace! Will I or won't I? 


4 comments:

Kat McNally October 27, 2012 at 7:35 AM  

I really appreciate your Blogtoberfest12 efforts, and completely understand how it can be hard to fit everything in (especially when you're fasting).
Your knitting is looking wonderful.
What a precious time you shared with your son. Pictures of the Hajj always blow me away with their sheer scale and beauty.
xxx

Heather October 28, 2012 at 4:23 AM  

I love visiting your blog. It's like a mini-vacation to a far off land. Thank you sharing!

Sketched Soul October 30, 2012 at 9:50 PM  

As-salaamu'alaykum dearest sis,
Hope you and the family had a lovely Eid!
I think you did excellent with the October blog fest thing :)
...so when you say football, was it American or you know soccer? *grin*... glad you two got some time to spend together.

xx

Anne Butera October 31, 2012 at 5:42 PM  

Glad that you are taking the time to enjoy the little things. Simple pleasures enjoyed with those that you love are truly the best.

Lovely photos, I always enjoy getting a glimpse of your world!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP