Monday, February 18, 2013

magical asunder

Aside from oohing and aahing over the items on display (remember, all crocheted using plastic) at The Courtyard, I've been entertaining visiting relatives and dealing with various forms of ill health at home. There is something about Jeddah that allows bugs to linger a little longer than I've ever remembered happening in my childhood (Don't I sound so old?). Du'aa, home remedies and yarn therapy is great for times like these! Actually, yarn crafts are perfect for anyone who tends to eat emotionally too. The perfect distraction! But I digress. 


When the first 'flu of the year hit me, I was determined to cast on the Asunder, a beautiful pattern by Lisa Mutch of Northbound Knitting. I used a mohair angora mix and realised that this was giving me a tight cast off (or bind off depending on where you're from). Cast off part two, gave me a slightly more elastic finish, but still, a little tight. Either way, I was happy to call it finished as it's so soft and warm to wear ma sha Allah. I would have preferred a different yarn but I was quite determined to use these colours together and since yarn options can be quite limited here, I went with this. And in case you're not sure where to get your yarn from in Jeddah, I do hope to post a bit more about this soon in sha Allah.


Along with lots of other goodies that my visiting relatives brought over, there was this superwash merino by NBK. 


These vibrant colours are the absinthe and nautical and they are fast becoming a complete NBK project with an NBK pattern


Can you tell I'm preparing for cooler winters?

And with all this knitty, yarny talk, I see a little diversification in my project bag. A little crochet perhaps? A little plastic too? 

Skip To My Lou








Today I'm linking up with Skip To My Lou's Made By You Monday!


3 comments:

Leisa February 18, 2013 at 9:53 PM  

How beautiful! The yarns are just mouth-watering!

Anne Butera February 20, 2013 at 8:17 PM  

Hope you and everyone in your household is feeling much better! Enjoy your yarn projects (so lovely!). I've enjoyed seeing what you're up to by following your instagram photos!

Lorybeat February 23, 2013 at 11:19 AM  

Hola! that green is superb!!
Lovely things you will do with that!
x

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP