Friday, March 22, 2013

the quilting and artisan fair


As I mentioned in my last post, two weeks ago I stopped in at the Quilting and Artisan Fair at the Quilting Arts Studio. The fair exhibited the work of local quilters and members of the quilting guild, which had me awestruck! 

There were amazing details and vibrant colour combinations. 

This one was made by a friend of mine.

Funds were raised for various charities via the sale of some products, a raffle and even a silent auction of these beautiful pieces. 

Local individuals had an opportunity to sell their handmade wares too.



There were cakes and beverages, of course!

And I won something! 

I met some really warm and wonderful ladies. Some had been quilting for years and others were beginners. They were from different parts of the globe, of various ages, yet came together to stitch, chat and share. One lady has said that the guild has even saved her marriage! Debra Dennis, the creative soul and proprietor of the studio saved a space for trocheted items to be displayed and took the time to chat with me about her ideas and thoughts on trocheted products! 

What an amazing little place! The studio itself, is jam packed with beautiful, high quality fabric that can be purchased and lovely items on display. 





This was my daughter's favourite: a miniature sewing room!

There are classes held at the Quilting Arts Studio. So if you are in Jeddah and have a love of all things quilting, you should check out their facebook page

Recently my days have been busy! Work was chaotic, my in laws came and went and now my parents are in town! Ma sha Allah! I'm looking forward to a little rest and relaxation and spending time with them. I have been keeping an eye on the Dubai Art Week Yarnbombing efforts on instagram though! Amazing stuff! Magda Sayeg is involved! And yes, I could spot some of my hexagons in amongst those pics!

More creative spaces here!


2 comments:

Samantha Dennison March 22, 2013 at 5:12 PM  

I love yarn bombing - there's a lot of fun and community involved! Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Aysh March 24, 2013 at 12:32 AM  

WOW! I always love coming here and learning something new. Loved the post.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP