Monday, March 6, 2017

just before spring springs

... and because this winter did seem to drag on a bit, I managed to knit up a couple of cardigans.

My gift to you
I started with one for baby. I find myself extremely drawn to the offset button-band and anything geometrically straying from the norm.

And then the 3 year old wanted a "princess sweater" too. So I knit this. Yes, another offset!

Leaf Love
As it happened, once they were both blocked, the girls ended up swapping cardis! Due to the weight of the cotton stretching it slightly and the wool being more "clingy", they fit better the other way around ... and sisters can share clothes anyway! 

And here's another one of those button-shots! 
This time last year, I was waiting for my baby to turn up. Oh how time flies! Subhan Allah.
I had knit these up while I was waiting. And now one just about fits!

Autumn Leaves
Jeudi and Hurricane Hat
I just had to share my outtakes or what REALLY happens when a mum tries to take photos of her knits!




This goes out to all the mums that try to get their yarny thing going ... and then try to take pics of them! 
Happy knitting, crocheting, general yarniness with kids! 
And those without little monsters around, ENJOY! :)
Alhamdulillah <3 font="">



2 comments:

sharon March 7, 2017 at 6:50 PM  

I'm not sure what I find more appealing, your handwork or you little ones' interactivity!
The offset buttoning is sweet as can be. Love those cutout buttons, by the way. Fun how the girls worked out the trade. How lovely for them they have each other in their lives and you as their mom putting your love and talents into so many aspects of their lives.
So happy to see your blog post today. As welcome as the sunshine this morning after a night of violent storms here.
My best wishes.

Jodiebodie March 12, 2017 at 3:07 PM  

Gorgeous photos of gorgeous things! I love your button choices too! :-) Your candid 'bloopers' are charming and delightful.
It is nice to see you enjoying motherhood and still finding time for your craft. xx

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP