Thursday, May 5, 2011

my creative space with paper

Today I've been preparing 36 kids' party favours or "goody bags" for a pool party! 




Yes, I could have bought normal party bags, but apart from the fact that I couldn't find any and I needed something quick, I actually enjoyed making these bags (I used one of these tutorials). There was something very satisfying about the production-line style of creating these bags and popping little treats in to them. It was therapeutic! And the glue gun was a life-saver! I think I may have inherited the love of this kind of thing from my Dad. He's a mean present wrapper, always ensuring that every fold is crisp and every edge is clean, ma sha Allah! 


And now if you'll excuse me, I need to get a bag ready for some chillaxing by the pool.


But before I do that, I'm just going to finish this off.   



More creative spaces here!


An afterthought: Speaking of paper, here's something we used last weekend for Pyjama Party goodies. You may print them, cut them out, stick the edges down to make little envelopes and use them if you wish. The packs are big enough for about 2 sweets (because too many are not good for your teeth!)



8 comments:

moments May 5, 2011 at 11:41 AM  

a pool party! am I invited?

jessyz May 5, 2011 at 1:45 PM  

I love hand made goody bags, way better than anything you could ever buy. Have fun at the pool

Kate May 5, 2011 at 2:34 PM  

I hope the pool party is wonderful.
The goodie bags look great.

Blue Pearl May 5, 2011 at 4:08 PM  

wow, I need to get more creative, honestly. Love the little gift backs in the different colors. as for the flowers, there are simply beautiful.

Buy Design May 5, 2011 at 10:46 PM  

36 kids and chilling by the pool don't sound like two things that go together to me. Hope you had a good day x

Katie May 6, 2011 at 2:09 PM  

Love the party bag colours AND the idea of a pool party. I had one when I was about 7 - best party EVER!

Seaweed and Raine May 7, 2011 at 9:50 AM  

Tres cool! I have 2 questions though... what was in them? And what are you crocheting? Hope to see the finished product! :)

Fruitful Fusion May 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM  

Thanks everyone! I must add that I would have done a little extra on the party bags if I had time, but I didn't, so I couldn't. The party was lovely, plenty of space for mums to relax and kids to swim, play, race and even go horse riding! What was in the bags? A couple of edible treats, mini notebooks, sharpeners, erasers, stickers, some gorgeous flowery card toppers too for the more craft-inclined kids!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP